Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ????
(29-Nov-2017, 21:28)f1eng Wrote: I am at the Ella Fitzgerald lacquer playing at the Sheldonian tomorrow, so I may get an update.
Lets hope there is some news. I’m going to the Sheldonian tomorrow too, should be an interesting evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(29-Nov-2017, 23:48)disarmamant Wrote:
(29-Nov-2017, 21:28)f1eng Wrote: I am at the Ella Fitzgerald lacquer playing at the Sheldonian tomorrow, so I may get an update.
Lets hope there is some news. I’m going to the Sheldonian tomorrow too, should be an interesting evening.

I hope you enjoy, should be a good evening.  Some brief feedback would be interesting if you have time to post, just basic stuff such as what kit did they use and did it sound any good.  Also, if you hear any rumours regarding Mathieu Pernot's planned visit to OAC for the OS Board launch, then this would be most interesting.  I'm guessing the visit is much delayed, along with the software.....

Have fun!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My Od’A leaves the factory tomorrow!  Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Nov-2017, 17:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: My Od’A leaves the factory tomorrow!  Cool

Guillaume

Where is it going? Huh

Edit:  The above joking apart, and assuming it does arrive home safely, it occurs to me that you will be one of the first people to go from O'dA to 'OdA 1000Pro.'  It will be interesting to see if it proves to be a 'maybe slightly better' or 'wow' moment after the new innards have had a little time to settled down.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The Ella was played on a Air Force 2 TT with SME/Ortofon PW2 cartridge, Ortofon SUT and 2 Devialet 800s (I think) into ATC towers. Sound was good but Ella's music is not my taste.
The new software is not ready for release yet not least because the phono bit doesn't work and changing source can crash it if I understood correctly.
I haven't heard anything about my O d'A despite it probably being one of the first to be dispatched - about a day before Guillaume.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(30-Nov-2017, 13:49)Confused Wrote:
(29-Nov-2017, 23:48)disarmamant Wrote:

I hope you enjoy, should be a good evening.  Some brief feedback would be interesting if you have time to post, just basic stuff such as what kit did they use and did it sound any good.

Looked like two 1000 Pro’s driving ATC100 SL speakers. The speakers were too far apart and way too close to the floor resulting in the sound coming from a single speaker for those sitting away from a central point. Quite disappointing to be honest.

The Phantom Golds playing in the rear of the venue at the start sounded much better than the main event.

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
F1, disarmament, thanks for the feedback. There was no mention of Mathieu Pernot's pending visit I take it? It is curious that they had ATC100 SL's basically mounted on the floor, I always thought they were designed to be used with small stands? Interesting speakers though, I spent some time listening to the 100 Active towers a while ago. The guy who owned them had then in a relatively small room, the speakers looked massive and utterly dominated one end of the space. That said, they were remarkably good, you would expect all kinds of bass node issues with such speakers in a small room, but they actually sounded quite lean, albeit with impressive bass extension. Who says small speakers can't work in small rooms. The highlight of the ATC's was the midrange though, exceptionally good, almost magical. Frank - did you get to look at the Techdas Air Force Two? (what a modest name!) I listened to one in a demo a couple of years ago and it sounded good to me, it is a quirky looking thing though, I wondered if you had any thoughts on it from a TT designers perspective? Just idle curiosity, I could never persuade myself to spend that much cash on a TT!

Back on topic, I hope your O'dA makes it back soon. Frank, I know you are not one for posting your thoughts on A/B comparisons or similar, but as someone who has lived with a 1000Pro over the last year, I have a sneaky suspicion that you are going to like it!
(01-Dec-2017, 09:40)Confused Wrote: It is curious that they had ATC100 SL's basically mounted on the floor, I always thought they were designed to be used with small stands?  Interesting speakers though, I spent some time listening to the 100 Active towers a while ago.  

The ATC's were not on the floor, they were on small stands. However in my opinion they should have been much higher, at least so the tweeters could be seen by those not sitting in the front row of the audience.

For me the sound was quite unimpressive. It was obvious from the reaction of some of the female members of the audience that it wasn't quite right, I almost wanted to leave after the first track.

I heard a few saying how great they thought it sounded, they must have different ears to mne.
(01-Dec-2017, 16:15)disarmamant Wrote:
(01-Dec-2017, 09:40)Confused Wrote: It is curious that they had ATC100 SL's basically mounted on the floor, I always thought they were designed to be used with small stands?  Interesting speakers though, I spent some time listening to the 100 Active towers a while ago.  

The ATC's were not on the floor, they were on small stands. However in my opinion they should have been much higher, at least so the tweeters were could be seen by those not sitting in the front row of the audience.

For me the sound was quite unimpressive. It was obvious from the reaction of some of the female members of the audience that it wasn't quite right, I almost wanted to leave after the first track.

I heard a few saying how great they thought it sounded, they must have different ears to mne.
My wife liked the sound, I thought it sounded like a good hifi on a large room with a lot of echo and decay problems obscuring the sound. My guess is it depends how your brain separates the original sound from the room how you respond.
Nice venue though.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Anyone knows when Devialet send the DHL Shipping label? I receive a email tells the steps but never send me shipping label....