Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to configure SAM %
@Vivialet And @David A

I understand your reasoning, and that everybody’s requirements are different.
I need my mute button for when I want to listen via headphones and you can’t mute the amp via Roon, only the output from Roon (I think: I’ll try it later).
I wasn’t aware of the ability to access the tone menu with a long push on the middle button as I’ve never had my remote configured in this way, but thanks for pointing it out.
I guess I just like the default remote settings because the button function matches the label underneath. If I wasn’t around and somebody else in the family wanted to change settings via the remote, they wouldn’t know how to operate it if the button functions had been changed.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel ,

Shall we say that Devialet's display on the amp and their remote are both "idiosyncratic". They are also minimalist but in some ways also surprisingly flexible. You get used to it in time but they do tend to make you do things Devialet's way rather than offering you ways to do things your way. I think long term Devialet owners are those who can adapt to Devialet's way and who accept a few annoyances when it comes to the control system because they get a result they really like when it comes to the sound. I suspect those who get too frustrated by the interface end up moving on to some other amp.

There's actually quite a lot of options available in some ways and you probably don't need a lot of those options. It helps if you use the Configurator to disable every input you don't use, check all of the default settings for the options you do use and set them to something which suits you (for example I have Dynamic Power Management turned off in my configuration rather than having to turn it off via the remote every time I turn the amp on, and have my startup volume set to -20 dB rather than -40 dB because -20 dB is closer to my usual listening level). Also check the options in the Configurator for how you configure the Remote and if there's an option there which makes life easier for you, then use it. Getting your configuration set up as much as possible to suit yourself makes a big difference.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(23-May-2020, 21:40)David A Wrote: @Axel ,

Shall we say that Devialet's display on the amp and their remote are both "idiosyncratic". They are also minimalist but in some ways also surprisingly flexible. You get used to it in time but they do tend to make you do things Devialet's way rather than offering you ways to do things your way. I think long term Devialet owners are those who can adapt to Devialet's way and who accept a few annoyances when it comes to the control system because they get a result they really like when it comes to the sound. I suspect those who get too frustrated by the interface end up moving on to some other amp.

There's actually quite a lot of options available in some ways and you probably don't need a lot of those options. It helps if you use the Configurator to disable every input you don't use, check all of the default settings for the options you do use and set them to something which suits you (for example I have Dynamic Power Management turned off in my configuration rather than having to turn it off via the remote every time I turn the amp on, and have my startup volume set to -20 dB rather than -40 dB because -20 dB is closer to my usual listening level). Also check the options in the Configurator for how you configure the Remote and if there's an option there which makes life easier for you, then use it. Getting your configuration set up as much as possible to suit yourself makes a big difference.
I agree, David. I like the flexibility that the Configurator offers and have mine set up exactly as I like it: DPM off, SAM on, ICM off, pre-amp outs on, unused inputs disabled etc.  I haven’t changed my configuration for about two years!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I’ve turned Sam off, I wasn’t that happy with the sound. I’d moved my room around and it was too muddied. I reduced bass by 2.5db and turned of Sam and it’s much better now. I’m listening to the latest tool album via tidal and it sounds so brutal, crisp fast and solid with a hefty punch to the bass. Highly recommended!
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
I am having a problem with the SAM setting on the remote.
If i configure the right hand button as tone control SAM does not appear after balance treble bass at all, even though SAM is turned on in the configuration.
If i configure the same button as SAM on or off it only does that..on or off with no percentage adjustment.
I have tries long pushes, short sharp pushes etc..

What am i doing wrong ?

By the way, i have for the first time very recently purchased speakers on the SAM data base.. It makes a big difference i find and i mostly like it.
I believe that even though you have configured SAM it still must be turned on before the % menu is active.
If you don’t have a button for SAM On/Off then do it via the display menu. That should work.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I must be missing something. If i asign a button to Sam on/off that is all it does.
ie off or on at 100% can't get a percentage to display or adjust.
It has nothing to do whether or not you have configured a button or not for it on the remote.
I never configured such a button and I have access to the SAM dialing screen using the tone button after the balance, the bass and the treble.

I assume that you check that SAM was actually for working: do you have SAM indicated under the volume?

Also a long press on the source button shall display the sampling rate and then the name of your speakers as known by SAM.

Did you try creating a configuration from scratch or did you modify an existing one?

I would recommend trying one created from scratch.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
So i created a new configuration from scratch and hey presto... SAM now appears under TONE controls.

Thanks a lot.

James
Indeed, I just learned that the % command is available even when SAM is turned off from the menu display - my bad.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3