Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Benesch
Has anyone had a listen to the newish Wilson Benesch A.C.T. 1 Evolution? looks interesting via the reviews I’ve read.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(08-Jun-2019, 15:59)wwm Wrote: Has anyone had a listen to the newish Wilson Benesch A.C.T. 1 Evolution? looks interesting via the reviews I’ve read.
Cheers,
Bill.

Hi Bill, there is this from Guillaume a little while ago https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Wilson-Benesch?page=4.  Post #36

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(09-Jun-2019, 07:17)Hi David, I had forgotten Guillaume’s post, I even contributed to it. Took my C60’s to W B factory last Wednesday as not happy with a bass driver. They replaced 2 bass drivers and a tweeter and the transformation is staggering. I am going to arrange a home dem of the Evolution’s as all the reviews I’ve read are very positive.Sorry this is in bold, unable to change it for some reason.cheers,Bill. Wrote:
(08-Jun-2019, 15:59)wwm Wrote: Has anyone had a listen to the newish Wilson Benesch A.C.T. 1 Evolution? looks interesting via the reviews I’ve read.
Cheers,
Bill.

Hi Bill, there is this from Guillaume a little while ago https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Wilson-Benesch?page=4.  Post #36

David
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(09-Jun-2019, 13:58)wwm Wrote:
(09-Jun-2019, 07:17)Hi David, I had forgotten Guillaume’s post, I even contributed to it. Took my C60’s to W B factory last Wednesday as not happy with a bass driver. They replaced 2 bass drivers and a tweeter and the transformation is staggering. I am going to arrange a home dem of the Evolution’s as all the reviews I’ve read are very positive.Sorry this is in bold, unable to change it for some reason.cheers,Bill. Wrote:
Cheers,
Bill.

David

Hi Bill, will be interested to hear how that goes once you have arranged it. Did W-B say what was wrong with existing bass drivers and tweeter?

David
(13-Jun-2019, 20:11)brit Wrote:
(09-Jun-2019, 13:58)wwm Wrote:
(09-Jun-2019, 07:17)Hi David, I had forgotten Guillaume’s post, I even contributed to it. Took my C60’s to W B factory last Wednesday as not happy with a bass driver. They replaced 2 bass drivers and a tweeter and the transformation is staggering. I am going to arrange a home dem of the Evolution’s as all the reviews I’ve read are very positive.Sorry this is in bold, unable to change it for some reason.cheers,Bill. Wrote: Hi Bill, there is this from Guillaume a little while ago https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Wilson-Benesch?page=4.  Post #36

David

Hi Bill, will be interested to hear how that goes once you have arranged it. Did W-B say what was wrong with existing bass drivers and tweeter?

David
Hi David,
W-B did not say what the fault was or possible cause. It was my idea to change both bass drivers so as not to cause an imbalance between the two, which they agreed there would be. I only noticed there was an issue while watching Chicago Med on universal where 1 particular deep bass note caused 1 bass unit to rattle. I was unable to reproduce this effect from any of my music. The tweeter in the same enclosure was also faulty but to be honest I did not notice possibly because the mid speaker operates full range.
It will probably be July when I request an audition of the Evolution’s and I’m hoping to have them for a weekend. Will let you know the outcome.
Cheers,
Bill