Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson-Benesch
I got the "Endeavour" at home now and had been listening to them for couple of days off and on.

I don't understand why this speaker or WB brand is not getting any love out there. The midrange is superb. Imaging is fantastic and the speaker completely disappears in the room. Instrument separation is amazing too. You would not expect that sound from such a tiny enclosure. The only thing i noticed is, it lacks extension at the bottom end compared to my TAD-CR1. But overall, I really love this speaker. And I have not even fiddled with positioning of the speaker in the room.  I completely agree with nicoludio's post earlier in this thread here. He has nailed down the characteristics of this speaker really well.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(20-Jul-2021, 07:13)sam1000 Wrote: I got the "Endeavour" at home now and had been listening to them for couple of days off and on.

I don't understand why this speaker or WB brand is not getting any love out there. The midrange is superb. Imaging is fantastic and the speaker completely disappears in the room. Instrument separation is amazing too. You would not expect that sound from such a tiny enclosure. The only thing i noticed is, it lacks extension at the bottom end compared to my TAD-CR1. But overall, I really love this speaker. And I have not even fiddled with positioning of the speaker in the room.  I completely agree with nicoludio's post earlier in this thread here. He has nailed down the characteristics of this speaker really well.

I now have the Endeavour at home!  Aurender N10 to Expert Pro 1000.  I concur with the views above, less bass than my Magico A3’s (which I would have expected) but close your eyes and just listen (as Roy Gregory said in his review) - simply magical.
Hope Devialet can create a SAM profile for Endeavour soon! They have it for 11 other WB models, so fingers crossed.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(20-Jul-2021, 07:13)sam1000 Wrote: I got the "Endeavour" at home now and had been listening to them for couple of days off and on.

Congratulations! Still one of the better speakers that I have heard.

The tricky bit is that, at this price range, listeners tend to expect floorstanders, until they hear the Endeavour.

The bottom end is well defined but does not plumb the depths. To achieve that, WB offers the Torus
Next gen Torus to be introduced soon. Pricey but perhaps a good time to pick up a pre-owned first gen version.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/wilson-ben...the-summer
(25-Jul-2021, 12:47)Lincolnlad Wrote:

I now have the Endeavour at home!  Aurender N10 to Expert Pro 1000.  I concur with the views above, less bass than my Magico A3’s (which I would have expected) but close your eyes and just listen (as Roy Gregory said in his review) - simply magical.
(13-Aug-2021, 20:51)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(25-Jul-2021, 12:47)Lincolnlad Wrote:

A pair of Endeavours ordered today.  Amazing service from Luke Wilson.  Sublime speakers that suit my room (and my ears) perfectly.

Wow! They look absolutely gorgeous. Witch finish did you choose? I am still in love with my Wilson Benesch Vertex
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands