Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson-Benesch
(02-Sep-2017, 09:21)heihei Wrote: Resolutions are brand new - they debuted at Munich this year - hence less info on the website. They sit between Endeavours (stand mount) and Cardinals, but after hearing the Endeavours and speaking to Luke they are voiced quite differently, having much more bass presence. They are a 4-way design, using WB's clever engineering in cabinet / driver design which allows for a very simple cross-over, and isobaric bass units which are good down to at least 30Hz.
The response to shows has been very strong so they've already seen good demand, and are about to embark on further shows plus some reviews, so it looks like being a great product for WB.

I was wondering if you have had a chance to form a better view of the prominence of the mid-bass and the less analytical presentation that you had noticed earlier on in the break-in process?
Yes - it's been a fascinating experience, as they are now different speakers to the ones I first experienced and so much for the better. It's been amazing to see how pulling back the bass somewhat has improved the entire frequency spectrum and improved the level of detail too, although that will also have been improved by the addition of spikes. The initial areas of strength are still there (sound staging, lack of any treble harshness), but have been added to with a bunch of other stuff to give a stunning overall musical experience. It's a great lesson in how important the fine tuning is - it has transformed a speaker which frankly didn't cut it to one which is now a serious contender.
Credit to Luke & WB to take on board feedback and offer creative solutions. Irrespective of where I end up speaker-wise, my experience of WB has been first-class, as is their product.
(01-Sep-2017, 12:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Pics:

Guillaume

Very nice
Don't you feel the need to pull them further into the room ?
Is this is where your Wilson used to be ?
(03-Sep-2017, 02:48)no32 Wrote:
(01-Sep-2017, 12:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Pics:

Guillaume

Very nice
Don't you feel the need to pull them further into the room ?
Is this is where your Wilson used to be ?

The W-B speakers are currently just under a metre away from the back wall. This is where the Sashas were.

If anything I was thinking they might sound a bit better closer to the back wall.

The Resolutions are on their way!  Tongue Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hello Guillaume,
in the German hifi magazine "image-hifi" the WB ACT was tested. Super!!!!!

https://sdfb9b90f3d0025c1.jimcontent.com...e_0001.pdf
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Stunning....

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Wow... look forward to your thoughts (and also when compared with the ACT One Evo).
Hi all, the WB Resolutions at the HighEnd 2017 in Munich. Despite the adverse circumstances at a fair, the box has left a grandiose impression Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
More pictures:

[attachment=2319]                    

Guillaume

UK

Guillaume

UK