Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10
Dodgy Hi Devialet chat. Let me say first of all that I have owned the D-Premier and now the 400 and they are both incredible pieces of equipment, my pride and joy. My question is, I notice that in some posts reference has been made to Windows 10, does this mean that Devialet works well with W10? Devialet support recommended not to try it just yet. As an extra I must say also that my dealer and Devialet support have both been fantastic when it came to sorting out a problem, great service. Mike T
Been using Win10 with my Devialet 200 for about 3 weeks now. AIR 2.1.4beta and Devialet USB are working well.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Win 10 is sounding clearly better via USB than Win 7/8. So far I have prefered AIR wireless over USB, but with Win10 that has changed. The official 2.1.3 driver is also working fine.
Mine seems fine as well. If anything Air is working better than with 8.1, I've not tested it to destruction yet but I can now play 24/192 files reliably which I always had dropouts with 8.1 and older versions of Air.

I have had a clicking sound partway through some DSF files but I'm not sure what's causing that! I only have free ones to test anyway so no big deal for me if it doesn't work, would be nice though!

cheers

Chris
Wonder why Devialet recommended not to try it yet Huh. Perhaps they were concerned about receiving a further flood of complaints about yet another source of White Noise Tongue.

I have tried AIR 2.1.3 (not tried 2.1.4 beta) with Windows 10 on my PC (Ethernet connected to D400) and all seems to be OK. Played continuous for around 4hrs with no problems. I must admit that AIR is not my primary source as I still prefer my W4S Server, via USB into my D400 (running 8.1.3), but nice to know that there is a "fall back" source of music delivery if necessary Smile. As stated I am "hardwired" Ethernet rather than Wi Fi so can not comment on whether that would make a difference.

David

p s Must add that I had no problems with AIR, even with previous Windows 7
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I have also upgraded to Win 10.. I use Jplay and it also works...

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
As mentioned in another post by me, not only is Windows 10 working fine for me, I am now able to play better  than CD quality files - something that I could not do before.
Hi and many thanks for all the responses, I now feel confident to give it a try, thanks again. Mike.
In view of the above positive comments, I must say I find it odd that all three of my Windows 10 machines fail to play faultlessly to my Dev120 via Air over Ethernet (v2.1.4beta). All three play perfectly for a time. In the case if the laptop, stuttering starts after about four minutes and the music finally stops altogether after a few more minutes. The two PCs play for around 20 minutes before popping/cracking noises develop. I've tried different cables and routers and different music players to no avail. The two PCs are equipped with Intel i5 quad core processors, but their hardware components are otherwise quite different. The laptop is less powerful affair, having an AMD Turion processor. Maybe some machine resource is being gradually eaten up. I don't think there is a problem with Windows 10 in particular, as Windows 8 didn't fare any better. Just my two cents....
have you checked the power saving settings ? Try setting the max. power profile. My i5 PC is working fine with AIR as did Win8.1 before.