Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs Everything Else
(12-Sep-2023, 15:27)Drifter Wrote:
(12-Sep-2023, 14:49)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: @Drifter
Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion of Mola Mola products. Pretty sure it will sound much better after some 200-300 hours. If I decide to go back to D class, I will take it into consideration. Enjoy in your new toys Smile

Only a pleasure.

After more time with the Mola Mola's since my initial review I can safely say that I am extremely satisfied. 

As this thread is about alternatives to Devialet and considering that everyone has their own opinion and is welcome to disagree with my chosen alternatives,  I was not quite expecting the hostile undertones in some of the comments.

You can listen to whatever you want and nobody should care about it. It is your money and your choice but I would still like to know, why the Mola Mola amps are better than a 2000€ NC1200 amp! It is the same module. 
Maybe it would be interesting for you too!
(12-Sep-2023, 15:32)finix Wrote:
Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion of Mola Mola products. Pretty sure it will sound much better after some 200-300 hours. If I decide to go back to D class, I will take it into consideration. Enjoy in your new toys Smile

Only a pleasure.

After more time with the Mola Mola's since my initial review I can safely say that I am extremely satisfied. 

As this thread is about alternatives to Devialet and considering that everyone has their own opinion and is welcome to disagree with my chosen alternatives,  I was not quite expecting the hostile undertones in some of the comments.

You can listen to whatever you want and nobody should care about it. It is your money and your choice but I would still like to know, why the Mola Mola amps are better than a 2000€ NC1200 amp! It is the same module. 

If they are indeed the same then a 2000€ NC1200 amp is an absolute bargain and a very very enticing alternative to the Devialet (if the Kalugas are used as performance measure).

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa

Only a pleasure.

As this thread is about alternatives to Devialet and considering that everyone has their own opinion and is welcome to disagree with my chosen alternatives, there were some comments to my post from a number of posters that deserve a response.

Whilst a enjoyed my time with the 440PRO, I did not consider the 1000PRO (used or new) at the time I was looking to upgrade. I'm not convinced that Devialet is investing / or will continue to invest any effort and money in developing or simply maintaining the Expert line.

The Mola Mola equipment is expensive and in a price class above the 440. They do have the Kula integrated which is in the same price bracket as the 440 when adding the DAC and phono modules.

Is the cost of the Kalugas justified considering it based on the Ncore technology? That is a question only my bank manager and my ears can answer.

Is the cost of Tambaqui DAC justified? Read some of the reviews available online. I can now assure you having first hand experience that those reviews are all spot on.

One of the problems with Tambaqui is that it only supports Roon for streaming. On ALL devices I've tried (and we are talking about dozens, including Devialet, of course) - UPnP sounds much better than Roon.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(12-Sep-2023, 15:32)finix Wrote:
Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion of Mola Mola products. Pretty sure it will sound much better after some 200-300 hours. If I decide to go back to D class, I will take it into consideration. Enjoy in your new toys :)

Only a pleasure.

@finix can you name those amps with NC 1200 module and 2000€ price?
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Photo 
Nord Acoustics Nord One SE NC1200 for 1225 Pound or as a dual mono for 2295 Pound.

VTV Amplifier dual mono NC1200 for 1979$

Apollon Audio dual mono NC1200 for 2290€

You can get it all as a monoblock also.

I‘ve had the Nord One NC1200 Dualmono and I wasn‘t really impressed. I bought it as a second hand amp and sold it after a week! The sound was good but the highs too bright! Overall the 220 pro sounds more smooth and warm.

Look inside a Kaluga! It is a simple NC1200 module and a hypex power supply!         

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@finix
Well, @Delija already replied to you, with a pretty reasonable explanation. Not all “ingredients” will be unveiled by Bruno Putzey Smile
I used to listen to Apollon mono-blocks with NC modules, with excellent tube preamp on the top of it and was not impressed. I realized it is not just to purchase NC modules and power supplies and put them into some box.
I was surprised some years ago when I heard that Mercedes put Renault's engine into Mercedes B class Smile .. the same engine you see in Renault Clio (15.000 euros) you will see in Mercedes of 35.000 euros. But it is not just up to the engine.
As for the price of Mola Mola and overpriced high-end stuff, it is not up to high-end companies, but rather to us who spend money buying their (sweet stories) products Smile That's why I prefer the listening experience and blind tests.
Last year we did a comparison on my system with Jorma speaker cables for 3.500 euros vs. Alpha Core Goertz (basic model) for 600 euros. in the first 10 seconds, we realized that Goertz worked better on my system. I believe that Jorma works better on some other systems, but on my system Goertz was the winner.
Cheers
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
I don't want to go into everything you said, but I'll pick up on one thing and that answers everything before. If you can hear differences in the sound of the cables, please post a video on YouTube. You would be the first person to actually be able to distinguish between cables in terms of sound.
It's not easy for me to discuss sound with someone who can do something that no one else has been able to do before.
With all the respect! And I‘ve tried to choose my words wisely. 

I also had a lot of cables at home to test. Also power cord and there is nothing! You can also measure it with a microphone. There is no difference. But that's okay. This isn't about cable, it's about Devialet versus everything else. That's why I asked, what can Mola Mola do better than a normal NC1200 module? And how does that really sound compared to the Esxpert Pro? I'm not looking for an esoteric discussion.