Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowing front button on 140 Pro?
(31-Jan-2019, 08:20)thumb5 Wrote: @awkaplan -- mine looked much the same colour as in your photos.  I expect that's just the way it's meant to be.

That'll calm my OCD until Devialet (hopefully) comes back with a fix.
This is what my two 220PRO's look like.

[Image: IMG-2931.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2932.jpg]

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(31-Jan-2019, 10:22)Drifter Wrote: This is what my two 220PRO's look like.

Thanks for responding.  How do you clean your 220s?
I use a micro fibre cloth to wipe fingerprints (which is very seldom) and just a feather duster to remove dust once a week.

Cape Town, South Africa
(31-Jan-2019, 11:17)awkaplan Wrote:

Do you use the front button to switch your amp on and off? I’m wondering whether the silver finish has been worn/eroded away to expose the brass underneath. It would be difficult for your finger to contact the small are inside th “D”, though. Is it possible it was like this from the factory and they had fitted a button that hasn’t been plated? Whichever, I like the look of the contrast in finishes.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Yes. Amps were two 220’s before running separately so lots of on and off switch via the button. Now just the master’s button is used.

Cape Town, South Africa
I am still wistful for the silver buttons with the black inlay originally fitted to the pre-Pro Expert models...they looked much more classy.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Feb-2019, 11:16)Axel Wrote:
(31-Jan-2019, 11:17)awkaplan Wrote:

Do you use the front button to switch your amp on and off? I’m wondering whether the silver finish has been worn/eroded away to expose the brass underneath. It would be difficult for your finger to contact the small are inside th “D”, though. Is it possible it was like this from the factory and they had fitted at button that hasn’t been plated? Whichever, I like the look of the contrast in finishes.

I was using the button often to power down the unit, but. it doesn't make sense that only four months of use would lead to discoloration.  This is the last email I received:

"Dear Mr. Alexander,

Thank you for your patience.

Devialet quality team will investigate this within the next four weeks, as this is the first time we hear about this issue.  I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.

Warm regards,"

The button I have seems to be covered with an acrylic coating that has yellowed.  Mind you, I think I noticed the manufacture date was sometime in 2017, so perhaps a bad batch of these went out around then.  Surprised the issue hasn't arisen yet! 
No, I only ever cleaned the units with a soft duster, and never used any solvents or abrasives.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
UPDATE:  Devialet has approved a warranty repair and will be sending out a shipping box.  Not looking forward to being without it, but want the unit to spec.  I’m wondering if it will get a full inspection alongside replacement of the button.  Curious as to the turnaround time.  So far very happy with support.