Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't add Phantom I Golds after upgrade to DOS 2.0
I upgraded two Phantom I Golds to DOS 2.0, and now I'm unable to "add product" them using wifi.  I am able to add them via ethernet, but I don't have ethernet connections convenient to where they will ultimately live, so that's not a long-term solution.  Both worked via wifi before the upgrade.  Also, once they're set up via ethernet, I can find no way of adding wifi info after the fact.

The only reference I've found to the issue is this thread, where the user got no solution from Devialet support after several weeks, and eventually the problem just went away after a subsequent system update & reinstall of the Devialet app.  But I've tried everything he listed, and both speakers are running the latest update.  I also upgraded the associated Dialog, which didn't help at all.

I've done the following multiple times:  the three-click "setup mode", the long-press reset, power cycle, and reinstalling the app.  I've tried both iOS and Android versions of the app, as well.  (I found that the Android version wasn't even able to locate and add them via ethernet reliably, but the iOS app could, though it sometimes needed to be reinstalled.)  

Is there some secret sauce to getting Phantom I's to connect via wifi under DOS 2.0?

UPDATE: see post #3 below. I got them connected to my 2GHz network, but they can't see the 5GHz one. (Under DOS 1.0, 5GHz was working fine - except for the fact that any wifi under DOS 1.0 was prone to audio dropouts.)
(18-Oct-2021, 01:27)meeotch Wrote: I upgraded two Phantom I Golds to DOS 2.0, and now I'm unable to "add product" them using wifi.  I am able to add them via ethernet, but I don't have ethernet connections convenient to where they will ultimately live, so that's not a long-term solution.  Both worked via wifi before the upgrade.  Also, once they're set up via ethernet, I can find no way of adding wifi info after the fact.

The only reference I've found to the issue is this thread, where the user got no solution from Devialet support after several weeks, and eventually the problem just went away after a subsequent system update & reinstall of the Devialet app.  But I've tried everything he listed, and both speakers are running the latest update.  I also upgraded the associated Dialog, which didn't help at all.

I've done the following multiple times:  the three-click "setup mode", the long-press reset, power cycle, and reinstalling the app.  I've tried both iOS and Android versions of the app, as well.  (I found that the Android version wasn't even able to locate and add them via ethernet reliably, but the iOS app could, though it sometimes needed to be reinstalled.)  

Is there some secret sauce to getting Phantom I's to connect via wifi under DOS 2.0?
I avoided updating to DOS 2.0 until I bought the new remote which only works with the DOS 2.0.  I had lots of issues for an extended period of time, but I Devialet support was very responsive; not always immediately successful, but always responsive so I recommend going down that route.  

That said, here are various things I done: unplugged for several days, rebooted routers, bought a new Ethernet switch, router, and cables.  I think I also manually designated my Phantoms to use Wi-Fi vice PLC (did the opposite too) and went through several iterations of updates.  

At the moment things seem fairly stable. I had varying degrees of success with the above.  I suspect there is a “secret sauce” but unfortunately it is inconsistent to such an extent that what works for me may not work for you.  If you discover it, please do share.
Minor update:  I discovered the Phantom web server via this thread.  Logged in, and noticed that on the wifi page, there was no entry for my 5GHz network, only the 2GHz one.  Setting the password for the 2GHz network from the web server failed to fix anything.  But I was able to get both Phantoms registered via the Android app, by specifically choosing the 2GHz network.  This doesn't seem like a complete fix, because my DOS 1.0 experience has been that a 2GHz connection results in audio dropouts and is generally not usable.

Of course, as soon as I managed to get them both working, the Devialet app hit me with "new update available", which I tried, and of course it failed.  After which, one of the Phantoms was undiscoverable.  Several power cycles, long-press resets, app restarts & reinstalls ensued.  The missing Phantom would sporadically take several minutes to boot up (the other about 30sec).  

I eventually got both re-registered (again via the Android version of the app), and ran system update successfully.  Interestingly, the firmware version after the update showed exactly the same version number as before.  But various issues continued:  at one point, the optical input to the left Phantom (which is my only audio source) would not play, nor would it auto-switch when turned on.  Both versions of the app will periodically fail to see either of the now-registered devices

I'd hoped to have a secret sauce to post, once I'd gotten everything working.  But at this point, I'm about where JD is:  just keep resetting everything, power cycling, restarting/reinstalling the app, etc.  The only piece of advice I have is to try 2GHz, if 5Ghz doesn't work.

It remains to be seen if the setup is any more stable under DOS 2.0.  But I guess at least now the Dialog is out of the picture.  My DOS 1.0 setup would consistently break every 1-2 days, and I'd have to power-cycle the Dialog.  I suspect there will be more updates to this thread, though I'm really hoping not.