Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing configuration if I dont have the latest software installed
(07-Feb-2018, 07:10)K4680 Wrote:
(07-Feb-2018, 06:42)andrewd Wrote:
(07-Feb-2018, 01:42)baddog Wrote: Personally, I have not had any regrets in updating the firmware over time. I do know there are some who feel various releases of the firmware sound better to them than other versions.

You could save your current configuration, and a copy of the firmware you have, and then try a newer version of the firmware. If you aren't happy you could re-load the earlier firmware and configuration.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to keep a backup copy of the firmware installed.  Do Devialet allow you to download a copy of any previous firmware version?  Is there a way to write a firmware backup from the amp to the SD card?

For what its worth I am using a wired digital coax input, not Air or any other type of streaming.

Hello Andrewd, look here: https://devialetchat.com/downloads/firmware/

Brilliant, thanks very much!
One more question about installing firmware. Do I copy the zip file to the SD card, or the unzipped folder?
Content (files) of unzipped folder.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(08-Feb-2018, 19:21)maxijazz Wrote: Content (files) of unzipped folder.

Thanks, finally success!
It's been many years since I have done this, and the manual is useless.

After much faffing about I got it to work, by just copying the 19 hex and text files (no folders at all).
I also had to restart by pulling out the plug from the wall.  The manual said to hold down the power button for 4 seconds, but that didn't work (just realised I used the remote, probably needed to use the front button).

The good news is that is it sounds better with the new firmware and SAM on for the S3.4s.
Some of the disappointment from selling the C1's has faded....