Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i must be missing something
(23-Apr-2015, 21:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The Devialet must be switched to the desired input (Eth or wifi) first. AIR on Mac/PC should then 'see' the Devialet and the app icon changes from grey to black.

hence my problem.

networking is part of my job.. ive got lan activity on the ethernet port and the wireless settings are set correctly both with separate static ips on the network. i still have no option to switch to any wired or wireless input
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
so funnily enough when i unpacked the boxes one had a peice of paper saying "master" in it.

i was just playing with the config cards and accidentally switched around the master and slave amp cards.

The unit i was using as a slave but is now the master can actually select the ethernet input whereas the other amp couldnt..

problem solved i guess? :/
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(24-Apr-2015, 05:32)completeluxury Wrote: so funnily enough when i unpacked the boxes one had a peice of paper saying "master" in it.

i was just playing with the config cards and accidentally switched around the master and slave amp cards.

The unit i was using as a slave but is now the master can actually select the ethernet input whereas the other amp couldnt..

problem solved i guess? :/

Glad you discovered issue and that explains it all!

Initially Devialet used to ship slave units with ethernet module but now slave units ship without ethernet and WiFi modules to ensure that they will only be used as slaves and not reconfigured as a matter unit and controlled by the mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
perhaps you can help me one last time.

i can Air to my amp from my phone no problem, but ive tried 2 different computers with air ethernet selected on the computer and nothing comes through.

if i try to use my phone while a computer has air ethernet selected it wont let me however saying that another device is connected so i know that it certainly has a link.
Make sure that when you try to use Air Ethernet on your computer that you select ethernet as input on your Devialet

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(24-Apr-2015, 10:29)amabrok Wrote: Make sure that when you try to use Air Ethernet on your computer that you select ethernet as input on your Devialet

it actually auto selected for me
That is true. Whenever I activate Air on my Mac my D400 automatically switches to WiFi

Dubai, UAE
(24-Apr-2015, 10:34)amabrok Wrote: That is true. Whenever I activate Air on my Mac my D400 automatically switches to WiFi

hence my problem.

i know that with the phone app you can only play local music but i shouldnt have a problem streaming whatever source im playing off the computer!
(24-Apr-2015, 10:56)completeluxury Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 10:34)amabrok Wrote: That is true. Whenever I activate Air on my Mac my D400 automatically switches to WiFi

hence my problem.

i know that with the phone app you can only play local music but i shouldnt have a problem streaming whatever source im playing off the computer!

Correct!

What source/app are you playing on your computer? And is it a mac or a pc?

Dubai, UAE
(24-Apr-2015, 10:59)amabrok Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 10:56)completeluxury Wrote:

hence my problem.

Correct!

What source/app are you playing on your computer? And is it a mac or a pc?

im using google chrome streaming tidal.

its a windows 8.1 pc.

edit -

the second pc ive tried on is windows 7