Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS 14.0 - Expert Remote App Not Working
I also still use the app so would surely hold off on the IOS update *IF* I thought that such an app update from Devialet was in the pipeline. Let's see if/what kind of response we get from Devialet. Just one more thing I'm not holding my breath on...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Totally confusing note on Devialet support site. What does Xcode have to do with an app that "has been ready for weeks?"

"These changes have been announced several weeks ago, and we have prepared a new version 1.12.1 which takes these new restrictions into account. However, since these changes are related to the new iOS features, it is not possible to publish the new app version before Apple makes available the latest version of Xcode, the tool required for building the apps. Usually, Xcode is made available to the developers at least one or two weeks before the corresponding iOS release. This year, Apple decided to make Xcode and iOS 14 available virtually at the same time, thus creating a difficult situation for thousands of developers worldwide.

Even though Devialet app 1.12.1 has been ready for weeks and is now submitted for Apple validation, there is no way to know how long this process will take. This is why we strongly recommend you to postpone the iOS upgrade for a couple of days."
Here is an answer I recieived from Devialet regarding the remote app and IOS 14:

"Many thanks for reaching out.

Please kindly hold off on updating to iOs 14 for now if you rely on the remote APP a lot. Once your phone is updated to iOs 14, the app ceases working.

Regarding if and when we will update the remote APP to be compatible with the new iOs, please allow me to get back to you as more information comes to hand."
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
This is just outrageous and bad customer service.
I hope it's not a case of pulling the plug on support and calling our expensive high end equipment, bought in good faith "Legacy Products"
Sonos with much inferior Products tried that and experienced the wrath of its customers.
(01-Oct-2020, 14:42)No2no2 Wrote: This is just outrageous and bad customer service.
I hope it's not a case of pulling the plug on support and calling our expensive high end equipment, bought in good faith "Legacy Products"
Sonos with much inferior Products tried that and experienced the wrath of its customers.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...5-iOS-only-

Has anyone tried it ?
(14-Oct-2020, 17:51)Haytera Wrote:
(01-Oct-2020, 14:42)No2no2 Wrote: This is just outrageous and bad customer service.

Has anyone tried it ?

Yes, and it works!
(14-Oct-2020, 18:31)No2no2 Wrote:
(14-Oct-2020, 17:51)Haytera Wrote:

Has anyone tried it ?

Yes, and it works!

Installed on iPad pro and iPhone 11 pro! Also works without pulling the plug!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hello
I tried to update the app, but it does not work
How can I do?

Some one was speaking about Roon : does-it work to control an expert?
Thanks
(03-Nov-2020, 08:45)JEF44 Wrote: Hello
I tried to update the app, but it does not work
How can I do?

Some one was speaking about Roon : does-it work to control an expert?
Thanks

Hi Jeff, please describe exactly what you are trying to do. You have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad)? Which model and on what version of iOS is it?
Assuming your iOS device is fairly recent model and assuming you are on iOS 14 or higher, what happens when you try to update the Devialet Expert remote app in the app store?

Also: Roon is used to control the music (select what to play and where to play it), not control the Devialet (source selection, volume, ...)
(03-Nov-2020, 09:49)pvanosta Wrote:

Also: Roon is used to control the music (select what to play and where to play it), not control the Devialet (source selection, volume, ...)

Actually the Roon remote app can do more than just tell Roon what to play and where to play it. Roon can control the actual volume setting on the Devialet. Roon will also change the Devialet's input to whichever of the 2 streaming inputs you are using (wifi or ethernet) and if you tell Roon to start playing something while the Devialet is in standby Roon will communicate with the amp, turn it on, and start playing music as soon as the amp is ready. Roon has this functionality whether you're streaming using AIR or RAAT (Roon Ready), it works with both streaming protocols.

What you can't do in Roon is to control anything else. You can't get Roon to change the input to something other than the input Roon is using and you can't control functions such as balance, tone controls, SAM setting, etc or turn the amp off in Roon. You have a limited range of control related to what you need for playback from Roon but you can control some Devialet functions as well as selecting what to play and where to play it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia