Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
(04-Nov-2021, 13:03)Jean-Marie Wrote: Sweet, only 2.5 times the price of a D1000 for 1000 times the THD.... A real bargain IMHO.

Jean-Marie

Eh? That would give the Vinnie Rossi about 18% distortion, based on independent measurements of various Devialet Experts that is. Although I guess you mean 1000 times Devialet's claimed distortion. I get the point though, a Devialet Expert does measure a lot better than some more expensive rivals. (Except when measured by ASR, of course Angel )

Anyway, I have to say I am a little confused by the OP in this thread. Is the implication that that the D'Agostino remote looks like an Expert remote? Maybe the newer Phantom remote?

Either way, The D'Agostino remote looks rather good.

That said, I am very much a fan of the existing Devialet remote. The last time I spent some time listening to some other systems, the one thing I really missed was the lovely Devialet rotary volume control, alternatives from the likes of Chord Electronics and dCS were very poor in comparison. Of course, better functionality and a display would be great, but even without this the Devialet remote is a lovely thing and I think the very best I have ever seen or used as an actual volume control.

Also, after a while you can learn to use the Devialet remote for bass, treble, SAM% etc. from the listening position. OK - You cannot actually see what setting you have settled on, but it is possible to tweak the bass / treble or whatever from the listening position.

Personally, I would be more than happy if Devialet added a little more functionality to the IOS remote app. In fact, I'd be reasonably happy if the IOS app actually worked, which it does not for me on a number of Apple devices that I have. (Including a brand new iPad)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Nov-2021, 13:58)Confused Wrote:
(04-Nov-2021, 13:03)Jean-Marie Wrote: Sweet, only 2.5 times the price of a D1000 for 1000 times the THD.... A real bargain IMHO.

Jean-Marie

Eh? That would give the Vinnie Rossi about 18% distortion, based on independent measurements of various Devialet Experts that is. Although I guess you mean 1000 times Devialet's claimed distortion. I get the point though, a Devialet Expert does measure a lot better than some more expensive rivals. (Except when measured by ASR, of course Angel )

Anyway, I have to say I am a little confused by the OP in this thread. Is the implication that that the D'Agostino remote looks like an Expert remote? Maybe the newer Phantom remote?

Either way, The D'Agostino remote looks rather good.

That said, I am very much a fan of the existing Devialet remote. The last time I spent some time listening to some other systems, the one thing I really missed was the lovely Devialet rotary volume control, alternatives from the likes of Chord Electronics and dCS were very poor in comparison. Of course, better functionality and a display would be great, but even without this the Devialet remote is a lovely thing and I think the very best I have ever seen or used as an actual volume control.

Also, after a while you can learn to use the Devialet remote for bass, treble, SAM% etc. from the listening position. OK - You cannot actually see what setting you have settled on, but it is possible to tweak the bass / treble or whatever from the listening position.

Personally, I would be more than happy if Devialet added a little more functionality to the IOS remote app. In fact, I'd be reasonably happy if the IOS app actually worked, which it does not for me on a number of Apple devices that I have. (Including a brand new iPad)
I’ve never had a problem using the remote app on iPhone 5, 6S+, iPad Air, iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd gen. and my recently acquired iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen. I wonder why you’re having no success?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel - many thanks for that. You post annoyed me a little, nothing personal of course, it is just that I have some similar devices to yourself, and in one case identical. So why does the app work for you and not work for me? Also, I do have some very strange behaviour, the app works in terms of the source selection doing what it should, but the volume control does not work or sync with the physical remote.

Suitably inspired by annoyance, time for some trouble shooting.

Hard reset on the amps. - still the same.
Reloaded the app on a IOS device known to work previously. - still the same.
Tried a different ethernet cable to the Devialet. - still the same.
Took the Ethernet feed to the Devialet direct from the router, which in my case bypasses the A side of an EtherRegen and a conventional switch. - This worked!
OK - I now have a very long ethernet cable running across the room and in front of a door, which is no good.
Replaced everything back exactly as it was, no changes whatsoever. - It now works fine on all devices.

Go figure!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(07-Nov-2021, 13:36)Confused Wrote: @Axel - many thanks for that. You post annoyed me a little, nothing personal of course, it is just that I have some similar devices to yourself, and in one case identical. So why does the app work for you and not work for me? Also, I do have some very strange behaviour, the app works in terms of the source selection doing what it should, but the volume control does not work or sync with the physical remote.

Took the Ethernet feed to the Devialet direct from the router, which in my case bypasses the A side of an EtherRegen and a conventional switch. - This worked!
OK - I now have a very long ethernet cable running across the room and in front of a door, which is no good.
Replaced everything back exactly as it was, no changes whatsoever. - It now works fine on all devices.

Go figure!
Most peculiar!  One of life’s little mysteries by the sound of it. Glad you got it working with a bit of fiddlin’ about.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Nov-2021, 13:36)Confused Wrote: @Axel - many thanks for that. You post annoyed me a little, nothing personal of course, it is just that I have some similar devices to yourself, and in one case identical. So why does the app work for you and not work for me? Also, I do have some very strange behaviour, the app works in terms of the source selection doing what it should, but the volume control does not work or sync with the physical remote.

Go figure!
I had the same issue:no volume control but I had no time try anything and suddenly it worked again!
Dear Confused One,
You wrote “Anyway, I have to say I am a little confused by the OP in this thread. Is the implication that that the D'Agostino remote looks like an Expert remote? Maybe the newer Phantom remote?”
Apologies if my post wasn’t clear as it was intended to acknowledge the engineering excellence of the Expert remote and not that the Relentless remote looked, in any way, like the Devialet remote.
AFAIK it mimics the design of the Dev remote, is radio driven and not infrared point and shoot.
A truly superior way to control your stereo but, it must be said, the D’Agostino is, to my taste, a tad vulgar.  Audio jewelry.
Best to all
(03-Nov-2021, 02:28)Wdw Wrote: D'Agostino's remote for the hugely expensive Relentless preamp looks a tad familiar...

My goodness! What a horrible design. Round, square in a circle, analog, digital, white, blue, red, black, copper. Far too busy. Designed by a toddler? Never will I have this in my house. Not even if it was free.

Funny how taste differs…

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)