Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lower sound output on one earbud
Hi all

I have had my Gemini's since day 1. All good except in the last couple of weeks the sound output of the right earbud has been decreasing. Can correct for it in the balance setting - but only by going to >50% to the right! Thought it might be my ears, but swapping them between ears, and having my wife test them too shows the effect is real. Anyone had such a thing? Time to take them back to the shop?

cheers

Dave
(16-Jul-2021, 19:31)barneyd51 Wrote: Hi all

I have had my Gemini's since day 1. All good except in the last couple of weeks the sound output of the right earbud has been decreasing. Can correct for it in the balance setting - but only by going to >50% to the right! Thought it might be my ears, but swapping them between ears, and having my wife test them too shows the effect is real. Anyone had such a thing? Time to take them back to the shop?

cheers

Dave

Have you tried unpairing them and trying the entire process again?
(19-Jul-2021, 17:54)MGremlin Wrote:

cheers

Dave

I have paired them to a different source (iPad instead of iPhone) and have the same issue :-(
(22-Jul-2021, 08:07)barneyd51 Wrote:
(19-Jul-2021, 17:54)MGremlin Wrote:

cheers

Dave

I have paired them to a different source (iPad instead of iPhone) and have the same issue :-(

I seem to have the same problem, right one is much lower in output than the left and is draining faster as well.
so, an update: I took them to the store I bought them from, in Geneva. They had not come across this issue before, and they said they were surprised that I had any issue: in their experience they either failed after a few days or weeks, or were perfectly fine. Anyway, they called Devialet, who suggested cleaning the IR sensors (which we did) and if that didn't work they should simply give me a new pair. And that is what the shop did - took the failing ones and gave me a completely new pair! Excellent service.
(05-Aug-2021, 13:43)barneyd51 Wrote: so, an update: I took them to the store I bought them from, in Geneva. They had not come across this issue before, and they said they were surprised that I had any issue: in their experience they either failed after a few days or weeks, or were perfectly fine. Anyway, they called Devialet, who suggested cleaning the IR sensors (which we did) and if that didn't work they should simply give me a new pair. And that is what the shop did - took the failing ones and gave me a completely new pair! Excellent service.

IR sensors? How?
(05-Aug-2021, 22:16)st33f Wrote:
(05-Aug-2021, 13:43)barneyd51 Wrote: so, an update: I took them to the store I bought them from, in Geneva. They had not come across this issue before, and they said they were surprised that I had any issue: in their experience they either failed after a few days or weeks, or were perfectly fine. Anyway, they called Devialet, who suggested cleaning the IR sensors (which we did) and if that didn't work they should simply give me a new pair. And that is what the shop did - took the failing ones and gave me a completely new pair! Excellent service.

IR sensors? How?
There are four sensors - difficult to see - on each earbud. I can’t understand how they can become so dirty as to destroy their function, but just give them a wipe to check