Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my system
Hard to say since I’ve only compared the Omega ethernet to a couple of mid range options I had in house such as AQ Vodka and acoustic revive top of the line cables.

The Shunyata Omega does everything a bit better I feel.

Overall Shinyata is IMHO one of the very best cable providers these days and the price to performance ratio is just an order of magnitude better than anything else. I would only include in the same category Nordost, Crystal and Chord company. Everything else I heard was behind in absolute performance and very far behind in price to performance ratio.

Now it’s also system matching so better to try it in your home system.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Latest update, the addition of an Esoteric N-01XD. I intend to use it as a dac as soon as it’s Roon certified, for now I use it as a music server streaming from a Synology dedicated NAS. The Esoteric is clocked by a Cybershaft OP21A.

The burn in is progressing and it’s starting to sound good although I am still using mid range RCA cables.

Various inputs lead me to think that the esoteric is among the very best dacs on the market, possibly only beat by Esoteric’s Grandioso 4 boxes monster.

It will be interesting to compare various options once the system is complete.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
TThe next story will be deploying the Mutec USB fed by a Paul Hynes SR7T and clocked by the Cybershaft OP21A.

The Shunyata Sigma V2 CLR cable has been impatiently waiting for months... I should get the LPS by mid feb. A bit of soldering needed to attach a female DC plug to the 2 cables sticking out of the Mutec (they do that on special request) and I should be good to go.

It’s really hard to guess which I will like best btwn:
1. Mojo -> raat -> D1000
2. Mojo -> usb -> Mutec -> aes/ebu -> D1000
3. Mojo -> raat -> Esoteri(requires Roon certification of the Esoteric)
4. NAS -> Esoteric -> RCA -> D1000

What do you guy think?

Cheers,
Bernard
(24-Jan-2021, 02:39)bernardl Wrote: TThe next story will be deploying the Mutec USB fed by a Paul Hynes SR7T and clocked by the Cybershaft OP21A.

The Shunyata Sigma V2 CLR cable has been impatiently waiting for months... I should get the LPS by mid feb. A bit of soldering needed to attach a female DC plug to the 2 cables sticking out of the Mutec (they do that on special request) and I should be good to go.

It’s really hard to guess which I will like best btwn:
1. Mojo -> raat -> D1000
2. Mojo -> usb -> Mutec -> aes/ebu -> D1000
3. Mojo -> raat -> Esoteri(requires Roon certification of the Esoteric)
4. NAS -> Esoteric -> RCA -> D1000

What do you guy think?

Cheers,
Bernard

I’d say option 2 with Hynes, and Mutec clocked with Cybershaft.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I agree with @Axel

I too think option 2 would probably be best. Although "best" might be a subjective view here, so who knows!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
That’s in fact also my guess.

As of now #1 sounds better than #4 except perhaps for DSD256 and 512 files that the Esoteric handles very well indeed, but cabling isn’t final so it could change.

Cheers,
Bernard
If (1) is not the best, you’re doing something wrong !
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(24-Jan-2021, 15:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: If (1) is not the best, you’re doing something wrong !

That assumes that there is no way to best the Roon replay and internal D1000 DAC combination, which isn’t obvious.

I am of course aware that the analog signal coming out of the Esoteric will be converted to digital again in the D1000 but still.

And then there is of course the subjective preference of sound converted one way or another.

Anyway, so far your forecast matches my perception. :-)

Cheers,
Bernard
(24-Jan-2021, 22:36)bernardl Wrote:
(24-Jan-2021, 15:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: If (1) is not the best, you’re doing something wrong !

That assumes that there is no way to best the Roon replay and internal D1000 DAC combination, which isn’t obvious.

I am of course aware that the analog signal coming out of the Esoteric will be converted to digital again in the D1000 but still.

And then there is of course the subjective preference of sound converted one way or another.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,

Yes I am making two assumptions: 
1) Since all 4 options are using the internal DAC of the D1000 (you cannot do otherwise with the Devialet anyway), the simpler way to bring in bit perfect source to this DAC is the better
2) Roon/RAAT is bit perfect

Cheers,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(28-Jan-2021, 16:27)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(24-Jan-2021, 22:36)bernardl Wrote:

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,

Yes I am making two assumptions: 
1) Since all 4 options are using the internal DAC of the D1000 (you cannot do otherwise with the Devialet anyway), the simpler way to bring in bit perfect source to this DAC is the better
2) Roon/RAAT is bit perfect

Cheers,
Jean-Marie

Those are reasonable assumptions, 

Out of curiosity, do you think that all DAC sound the same? Also, what are the KPIs you consider relevant to assess the ability of a DAC to do its job?

Cheers,
Bernard