Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new USB to HD optical device = Superb !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

sleach, presumably Spark still sound better than the ifi ilink even with lossless files   Are you using tidal? 

Thanks
[/quote]

Yes, even with lossless Spark has a slight edge in sound. I have tried Tidal but my internet speed here isn't reliable enough to make streaming a satisfying experience.

I think that up-sampling is a good idea though and that might perhaps be why some people are reporting a better sound using decent sources into optical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Nov-2015, 22:33)mixart Wrote: So if I have a bluray movie with Dolby HD/DTS-HD Master on my computer, can I get 24bit sound from it in stereo?

Good question ,  but i can not answer as i have not tried it.
  you can allways ask HiFiMe ,they should know.
Spark has now lost my optical input and PC  Huh
  just before it was playing (192khz) perfectly fine ,the track ended and the next started playing but, No Sound  nothing!

i sent a report in.

i ve pulled power from all and am now trying to restart   , its a pain  ,two phantoms  just sit there ,15 mins so far , making that torturous sound and wont connect to dialog . ive restarted twice now

Huh
(01-Dec-2015, 10:11)phantomaussie Wrote: Spark has now lost my optical input and PC  Huh
  just before it was playing (192khz) perfectly fine ,the track ended and the next started playing but, No Sound  nothing!

i sent a report in.

i ve pulled power from all and am now trying to restart   , its a pain  ,two phantoms  just sit there ,15 mins so far , making that torturous sound and wont connect to dialog . ive restarted twice now

Huh

Did you do a complete factory reset? Only pull out the Power is absolutly not enough!
It connected again and it  all was groovy   .
 Then it lost the optical in on a track change  Again. Huh
how is a full factory reset done ?
(01-Dec-2015, 11:49)phantomaussie Wrote: It connected again and it  all was groovy   .

You can find that on www.devialet.com.

Do it excactly as here under!!!!!

How to reset Phantom and Dialog?
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:
  1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
  2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
  3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
  4. Wait 30 secondes
  5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
  6. Wait 30 secondes
  7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
  8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
  9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
  10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
  11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup

Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.
(01-Dec-2015, 12:48)Johnnydev Wrote:
(01-Dec-2015, 11:49)phantomaussie Wrote: It connected again and it  all was groovy   .

You can find that on www.devialet.com.

Do it excactly as here under!!!!!

How to reset Phantom and Dialog?
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:
  1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
  2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
  3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
  4. Wait 30 secondes
  5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
  6. Wait 30 secondes
  7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
  8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
  9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
  10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
  11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup

Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.

And by 11. Lauch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup you must activate the optical connection.
Hmmm... is there a common problem here? I feel that since I changed from my MacMini's optical out to a Peachtree Audio X1 USB converter (into Dialog), I've had more Phantom sound output stoppages than before.
The X1 does sound better than the MacMini optical, but I'd say it just brings it much closer to pure Spark output rather than overtake it.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(30-Nov-2015, 05:36)phantomaussie Wrote: Ok ,  I now have this little USB to optical  device on my pc ,it feeds the optical in on my Dialog:

here it is :  http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/9018-dac

with this  device I can now play  HD  and / or upsample  up to 192khz , 16bit ,24bit or 32bit over optical.

I am  getting the Best  ever sound from my Phantoms. more air ,more detail, more Depth Big Grin Tongue Heart

it does need a driver for PC , Mac does not need one 
  the driver is here:
  http://hifimediy.com/download/SaviAudioB...p0p0p5.zip

Foobar is my player of choice but it will work with all . .

yep it works ,44.1 upsampled in Foobar  to 192khz into the spark optical , its great.

Happy Trails  Cool
 dave

Dave, it looks like with the Hifimediy, returns are only taken if one does not use the devise. Once used, it is not returnable unless broken?  Do you know their policy since you purchased from them? 
Thanks!

Hi phantomaussie, did you do the complete factory reset already?