Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
offline configurator: is it possible?
Hi! I'd love to listen to a Devialet 200, in fact I'm considering getting one, because of the many interesting reviews about it, and because I like this machine's concept. I will try to get a demo, even if all of the resellers in my country are quite far from my town Confused

One thing is worrying me:

Should, for any reason, the Devialet site go offline in the future, how could the amp be configured?

Would it be possible to use the configurator offline, saving the file on a card and update the "amp" settings?

Thank you!
currently no; It IS however possible to create in advance & save locally multiple images for several different configurations.

please note that there is already another recent thread on this same subject.
(03-Jan-2015, 19:28)clint60 Wrote: Hi! I'd love to listen to a Devialet 200, in fact I'm considering getting one, because of the many interesting reviews about it, and because I like this machine's concept. I will try to get a demo, even if all of the resellers in my country are quite far from my town Confused

One thing is worrying me:

Should, for any reason, the Devialet site go offline in the future, how could the amp be configured?

Would it be possible to use the configurator offline, saving the file on a card and update the "amp" settings?

Thank you!

Hi Clint60, and welcome to the forum

the short answer is "No"! For now, the only option you have is to create several configuration files using the online portal simulating different scenarios and save them all to your hard disk in folders that describe them. And later if need be, you copy them to an SD card and plug it into your Devialet to load the desired configuration

you may also want to have a look on this thread

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Stand-alo...figuration
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(03-Jan-2015, 19:57)krass Wrote: please note that there is already another recent thread on this same subject.
My bad...I did search, but didn't find that thread Angel

Thanks for your kind answers!
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up as this is just another scare with Devialet. Now back to the configurator to do some iterations.
But what is more worrying is that I have my main source from vinyl and if I decide to change cartridge I may be in trouble if not making some 50-100 different settings, helluva job.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Mike and clint60 - I've just updated the thread I started about this, with details of the reply I got from Devialet's support team.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I had quite a bit of correspondence last year with Devialet regarding issues with the Configurator, in particular with dual mono. The latest of these is still open, with a statement from Devialet they are aware of some bugs in the configurator and they are working on an update to resolve. It does not look like Devialet are going bust anytime soon, but if anyone did want to make a batch of Configurations as a "just in case insurance", it might be best to wait until the bug free Configurator is up and running!