Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so fixing a phantom shoud not be hard
so the same thing has happend to me 2 times now. it starts with the subwoffer making a weerd woffer sound. and over time. the voice coil breakes. so now with 2 golds broken i decided to open one of them. only side woffer plate. then when i reconected the.
wiers ,from where it was broken off. and put in the power cord it works again. so it shoud be realy easy to fix. the broken speekers.only need the voice coil and new side plat glue it together. im guessing this has happend alot. going to ask devialet to sell the parts to me, but i have my doubts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-Feb-2021, 16:50)agrom Wrote: so the same thing has happend to me 2 times now. it starts with the subwoffer making a weerd woffer sound. and over time. the voice coil breakes. so now with 2 golds broken i decided to open one of them. only side woffer plate. then when i reconected the.
wiers ,from where it was broken off. and put in the power cord it works again. so it shoud be realy easy to fix. the broken speekers.only need the voice coil and new side plat glue it together. im guessing this has happend alot. going to ask devialet to sell the parts to me, but i have my doubts.

That's a bit disturbing, both the picture and especially the description. What is the three first letters of the speakers? J indicates production year 2016, the next two is the week. Have you reported the problem to Devialet? Did it take long before the problem occurred? I don't believe you'll be able to buy parts from Devialet, they won't even repair the speakers, they offer you a trade in deal.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
well did not find the number. but ists old i think 2016. and the one i took apart was allready open. cuz i droped it when i moved it.
so bought a new one. 2018 and that one stopped working just now. have anothe one i bougt the same date as the one i dropped and still working fine. just wanted to find out if it was the voice coil that was breaking them. i sendt in a mesage to devialet about the one that just stopped working. my english writing skills are bad so srry about that
Fixing any Phantoms is an absolute piece of cake so long as Devialet is willing to sell the woofer dust caps. They cannot be removed nicely as they are glued. Once they are removed, the speakers disassemble in seconds. Then once repairs are done, new perfect dust caps can be installed/glued. And no one would ever know that they were even touched.
ye it's weird that they don't help more with such small problems. its like the iphone off speakers. but ofc i still love them...
I came across this video and realised the whole 'unit is sealed under 1 Billion tons of pressure' is all marketing rubbish. Sure, when the two woofers are pushing outwards with the unit hermetically sealed, it will temporarily create a vacuum effect internally. There is a big o-ring style seal in the middle to handle it, and some parts are glued together. I hope they start supplying parts soon, especially with the progress with the EU Right to Repair movement. Sure, if I fix it myself I may not be able to achieve the same quality controls that devialet can, but am pretty sure I can repair my own unit to a level that I am satisfied with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGzKwkGjfy4
(09-Feb-2021, 13:58)phancypants Wrote: I came across this video and realised the whole 'unit is sealed under 1 Billion tons of pressure' is all marketing rubbish. Sure, when the two woofers are pushing outwards with the unit hermetically sealed, it will temporarily create a vacuum effect internally. There is a big o-ring style seal in the middle to handle it, and some parts are glued together. I hope they start supplying parts soon, especially with the progress with the EU Right to Repair movement. Sure, if I fix it myself I may not be able to achieve the same quality controls that devialet can, but am pretty sure I can repair my own unit to a level that I am satisfied with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGzKwkGjfy4

jupp realy easy to open ,and the second one that boke only the cabel inside is broken. so its plugg and play if they only would sell the woffers.

How do I view your attached images in higher resolution? The last one you attached I can only view as 155 x 206 pixels
(12-Feb-2021, 19:02)phancypants Wrote: How do I view your attached images in higher resolution? The last one you attached I can only view as 155 x 206 pixels

maby this is better

How could happen the cable break in your case?