Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
totaldac D1 server
Guillaume, read somewhere that the microRendu trounces the d1 server before the update. However, after the update, the d1 server outpaces the microRendu. Looks like nothing stays still in this hobby.
Just heard that Vincent has developed a second power supply for the d1 server! So separate power supplies for cubox and reclocker sections!  Tongue

My d1 server is going back to France for its second hardware update in 10 days' time. 2 modifications.  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
what's the results Guillaume ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(20-Oct-2016, 12:05)jfp Wrote: what's the results Guillaume ?

The results are exceptional, way beyond my expectations.

Seems a bit crazy having two separate LPSUs connected to my d1 server but boy did it do wonders for the sound!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Oct-2016, 14:05)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Seems a bit crazy having two separate LPSUs connected to my d1 server but boy did it do wonders for the sound!

Guillaume
(20-Oct-2016, 14:05)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume
Hi guillaume,
I very interested in a second hand d1 totaldac server, to connect to my devialet200 used at the moment as a pre/dac/ streamer connected to a newly bought power amp.
Firstable i would like to know what is the latest update, and the amelioration done on the aes output wich i will use to connect it to dev200.
Secondly, i would like to understand, if by bying it i still need to run roon core on my macbook pro in order to enjoy roon streaming from tidal?
In totaldac website there s no where saying you can connect 2 psu to the d1 like you did?
And finally, i really appreciate your comments to how d1 will sound compare t o ROON/air (i know you are not anymore devialet user), . My move is probably go d1 then may be go d1 tube mk2 dac.
I will really appreciate your feedback, cause i feel i m pulling the trigger!
To who is interested in totaldac d1 server to use with devialet.
This is a beast in term of performance.
In my system, connected via bibacord aes/ebu to devialet200, it bests ROON/air by quite a good margin.
Lemme know if somebody needs more details.
Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk