Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the missing link?
I am moving do devialet 200 from a linn akurate dsm based system.

my files reside on a synology NAS. i am used to using iPad to control my playlists (kinsky).

given my synology in nowhere near my rack (but it can be relocated if makes life easier). how what is the best way to get the music (mostly flac) to my devialet and control from an iPad?

what app do i need? what rendered do i need? i also have an apple TV (the 2015 version) but i am not sure there are any flac players for it.

the devialet's ethernet port seems severely gimped as it doesn't seem to support dlna (which i was shocked by). does it only support air? i suppose i could get a microsoft surface pro and use it.
(27-Dec-2015, 11:45)rumnyc Wrote: I am moving do devialet 200 from a linn akurate dsm based system.

my files reside on a synology NAS. i am used to using iPad to control my playlists (kinsky).

given my synology in nowhere near my rack (but it can be relocated if makes life easier). how what is the best way to get the music (mostly flac) to my devialet and control from an iPad?

what app do i need? what rendered do i need? i also have an apple TV (the 2015 version) but i am not sure there are any flac players for it.

the devialet's ethernet port seems severely gimped as it doesn't seem to support dlna (which i was shocked by). does it only support air? i suppose i could get a microsoft surface pro and use it.

How much money are you prepared to put on a networkplayer? I use Auralic Aries wich have a nice app for iPad and you can continue to use Kinsky if you want and keep all of your music on the NAS. The Aries has both USB and AES-EBU connection to chose from. 

Some rumors say that Devialet will get UPnP but I dont belive it before I see it, ROON endpoint would be a nice feature.

I have been looking at Melco N1A wich looks like a nice piece of machine but right now I am waiting for more machines to get ROON built in to get their app to control both music from my NAS and Tidal. At CES I think much more streamers will show some sort of ROON integration.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

i want to spend minimum amount of money.

the aural aries looks interesting but i am trying to spend a bit less if i can get away with it.

anyone using a surface pro tablet with air streaming from a nas to dev? the part that worries me is the surface will be both streaming in and out over wifi and although the dev and nas are both on wired connection the wifi aspect of surface will make everything far less stable.
(27-Dec-2015, 12:29)rumnyc Wrote: i want to spend minimum amount of money.

the aural aries looks interesting but i am trying to spend a bit less if i can get away with it.

anyone using a surface pro tablet with air streaming from a nas to dev? the part that worries me is the surface will be both streaming in and out over wifi and although the dev and nas are both on wired connection the wifi aspect of surface will make everything far less stable.

Auralic has the Aries Mini, dont know how it is on its digital outputs but that is about 1/3 of the Aries in price.

There is a lot of cheap streamers out on the market but I dont know if that is something I would go for to pair with a Devialet......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Best solution I´ve tested is Roon via USB. You just need a Mac or PC to install it and a tablet to control it comfortably. USB Regen improves the sound a lot.
www.roonlabs.com
What computer are you using? I assume it's an Apple?
Knowing that WiFi does not work, I have it disables and just using Ethernet wired connection. If your computer isn't near, no worries, get a pair of power line adaptors. There are plenty to choose from. (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2...ne+adaptor)
Below is an example of my setup.

MacPro -iTunes -Synology NAS (iTune library) -Devialet AIR -D800 (ethernet) -Cremona M
I am using Remote App from Apple to control iTune remotely. I believe you have all these in your set up already (except perhaps the power line adaptor?). So it's FREE! Simple, convenient, works like a gem. No issues whatsoever.
Don't sweat over WiFi, it's a known issue and I tried and I have decided to abandon that route. I believe the beautiful casing just nullifies the WiFi antenna.
I am considering another simple option. I am getting a Mac Mini (CAD$599) to store my music files and run as a server.

I have compared ALAC & FLAC music files in my system and I found no difference in sound. I know many may disagree, but that's what I found in my system.

So here's what I do and it works just great, simple and inexpensive. I hope you'd find this helpful. Good luck.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Please do not spend any of your cash to get AIR working, it's a gamble not worth taking .
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(27-Dec-2015, 16:26)Giddy707 Wrote: What computer are you using? I assume it's an Apple?
Knowing that WiFi does not work, I have it disables and just using Ethernet wired connection.  If your computer isn't near, no worries, get a pair of power line adaptors. There are plenty to choose from. (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2...ne+adaptor)
Below is an example of my setup.

MacPro -iTunes  -Synology NAS (iTune library)  -Devialet AIR -D800 (ethernet)  -Cremona M
I am using Remote App from Apple to control iTune remotely.  I believe you have all these in your set up already (except perhaps the power line adaptor?).  So it's FREE! Simple, convenient, works like a gem. No issues whatsoever.
Don't sweat over WiFi, it's a known issue and I tried and I have decided to abandon that route.  I believe the beautiful casing just nullifies the WiFi antenna.
I am considering another simple option.  I am getting a Mac Mini (CAD$599) to store my music files and run as a server.

I have compared ALAC & FLAC music files in my system and I found no difference in sound.  I know many may disagree, but that's what I found in my system.

So here's what I do and it works just great, simple and inexpensive. I hope you'd find this helpful. Good luck.

+1 I can only agree!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I would recommend ROON, too as it will manage all your music files in your Synology well and allow you to use an iPad as a remote. I'm running RoonServer on a Intel NUC (Win10) and AIR-ed to my Le200. And, I can play all music type from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and DSD64.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(28-Dec-2015, 00:51)hk6230 Wrote: I would recommend ROON, too as it will manage all your music files in your Synology well and allow you to use an iPad as a remote. I'm running RoonServer on a Intel NUC (Win10) and AIR-ed to my Le200. And, I can play all music type from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and DSD64.

Today I got a trial period of ROON and installed it on my computer ( Win 10) and runs AIR to my 400 and my tablet as remote, works flawless. And the sound is to my ears right now better than my Aries. This might be the start of a new streaming solution.

Second system