Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Quote:Note that your Devialet device will need to be connected using its ethernet port in order for DSD64 content to play natively.

Doesn´t USB connection work as well?
Quote:Note that your Devialet device will need to be connected using its ethernet port in order for DSD64 content to play natively.

Doesn´t USB connection work as well?
I think they just mean that wifi won't work, not other inputs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Thinking aloud...I wonder whether it is a coincidence that this release of Roon has arrived at almost exactly the same time as Devialet have officially announced the CORE INFINITY board to end users?  It seems likely that the timing isn't just by chance but I can't immediately see why the two things should be linked.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Jul-2017, 11:14)SwissBear Wrote:
(13-Jul-2017, 11:05)baconbrain Wrote: I wonder if it would be possible to connect the Dev directly to my Roon Server via Network Bridge?

Yes it works. But Devialet-Ethernet is not working on my system when convolution is activated and streaming a DSD64. This is the only glitch I found so far.

Curious as to your impression of the sound quality compared with the mR/SoTM in a bridged constellation?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Streaming now DSD64, ethernet, with parametric EQ enabled, seems to work fine!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(13-Jul-2017, 11:32)thumb5 Wrote: Thinking aloud...I wonder whether it is a coincidence that this release of Roon has arrived at almost exactly the same time as Devialet have officially announced the CORE INFINITY board to end users?  It seems likely that the timing isn't just by chance but I can't immediately see why the two things should be linked.

Clearly not a coincidence, just got an aditional email from Dev about the support of Roon, and they are offering a 3 month Roon trial with voucher as well.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(13-Jul-2017, 11:32)thumb5 Wrote: Thinking aloud...I wonder whether it is a coincidence that this release of Roon has arrived at almost exactly the same time as Devialet have officially announced the CORE INFINITY board to end users?  It seems likely that the timing isn't just by chance but I can't immediately see why the two things should be linked.

As if to answer my own question, another e-mail just in from Devialet:

Quote:Devialet and Roon, the ultimate music player for music lovers, are proud to introduce Roon + Expert Pro. A radically superior way of experiencing and discovering music on all Expert and Expert Pro systems, with Devialet AIR.

Available from today thanks to an exclusive, native Devialet AIR technology integration into Roon.

Discover Roon + Expert Pro

- Detailed display of signal path quality
- Dynamic control of Expert and Expert Pro (Volume, EQ, Start, Standby mode...)
- Full remote control thanks to Roon Remote app
... And many more features

There is also an offer of a three-month trial of Roon, for those not already using it.

ETA: sorry Soniclife, our posts obviously crossed.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Jul-2017, 11:36)Bartype Wrote: Streaming now DSD64, ethernet, with parametric EQ enabled, seems to work fine!

Yes this is working well on my system too. Enabling convolution and using a correction impulse make the thing bug by me.
(13-Jul-2017, 11:44)Soniclife Wrote: (...) just got an aditional email from Dev about the support of Roon, and they are offering a 3 month Roon trial with voucher as well.
Did not get that email. Did they sent a link to the voucher also?