Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the upgrade service still available?
(18-May-2021, 19:42)chrisc Wrote: Very fortunate you were able to drive to Paris.  A mistake like this would have cost a lot of money in courier fees, as well as dealing with an inefficient customs dept who do not understand the concept of sending a product to a factory for upgrading and re-importing it again.  To do it twice would strain their already limited intellectual abilities.

“Not so seamless” is putting it mildly.  This is the kind of mistake you might expect from someone who does not have a clue what he is doing, which for an organisation which appears to be seemingly populated with highly qualified scientific people is astonishing

Agreed 100% - I clearly had in mind all those on this forum who are abroad (with some down under...), for whom such a mistake would have been particularly painful. The reasons why I put it mildly was that they offered some compensation with a 1-yr subscription to Roon (which I may not use, but that's up to me...) but also that I've seen for the last few weeks how the current lockdown (here in Paris it's been going on for a little while) has affected companies (incl. mine)... but still, they want to play in the high-end league and this was clearly below par.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the upgrade service still available? - by ArnoNYC - 18-May-2021, 22:20