Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaky, flaky dialog
Hi meeotch
I would say that with your current setup useage you are an ideal candidate for the DOS2 upgrade (IMHO) the main caveat being (again in my humble opinion) the age/model/date of manufacture of your current Phantoms.

For some users the upgrade experience has been quite dissimilar and I suspect this is to do with the differing components being used at different times during the manufacturing process.

If you do run into trouble with the upgrade this forum and Devialet should be able to help you.

All of the other options such as Optical Direct, Dante and so on are easier to setup in DOS2 so you could always explore those options later?

I didn't notice any major volume changes between Dos1 and Dos2 with my original Phantom Classics, but having used the Elevate program to upgrade to newer Classic phantoms it does seem to me that the volume from the newer models needs to be higher than I used to listen at but this is just my opinion. I also think the sound is better - again subjective. The new remote (which is supplied with the Phantom Elevate program) is much better but expensive if you want to purchase it standalone.

Dos2 does keep the current volume setting provided the speakers are always left ON or in standby - I always power mine down completely when not in use (due to my bluetooth security paranoia!)

The only problem I have had with DOS2 is that if you leave the Devialet app running on your phone and pause it to answer a call and then put the call volume up it also ups the Phantom volume - having experienced the Phantoms restarting on 100% volume its not an experience I want to repeat - I always check the volume after pausing/stopping the music. If you don't use the Devialet app (which replaces Spark) - you should be fine. You will need the DEVIALET app to upgrade to DOS2.

kantblue
PS
You said: 'So if PLC is reliable I'd probably prefer to stick with my current wiring. I take it that DOS 2.0 has no option for the Phantoms to send an input directly to each other, without intermediation from the Dialog?'

Yes it does have that option. In DOS2 the Phantoms communicate with each other directly - you can manually choose either optical input using the Devialet App or you can leave the setting on AutoSwitch which will automatically switch between which input is being used. This is the main reason the Dialog is no longer necessary for stereo output.

Messages In This Thread
flaky, flaky dialog - by meeotch - 30-Jul-2021, 01:44
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by ragwo - 30-Jul-2021, 01:53
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by Johnnydev - 30-Jul-2021, 07:48
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by kantblue - 31-Jul-2021, 11:52
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by meeotch - 31-Jul-2021, 19:13
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by ragwo - 31-Jul-2021, 19:45
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by meeotch - 31-Jul-2021, 20:12
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by ragwo - 31-Jul-2021, 22:18
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by kantblue - 01-Aug-2021, 10:58
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by meeotch - 07-Aug-2021, 20:02
RE: flaky, flaky dialog - by Johnnydev - 07-Aug-2021, 20:21