Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING Re Tweeter Grill
(19-Oct-2015, 22:33)EPhs Wrote: I was the one trying to remove the tweeter grill.
Didn't have any issue with the magnet since it was pretty obvious to me that if you put a piece of metal close to a speaker you better hold it tight. Sorry for not having mentioned that.
I hear a difference when you don't. That can happen.
I remember reading a post where you found A/V sync perfect when for me the lag is obvious.
Never thought that made you a daft.

Sorry PHS I didn't mean to offend - ''twas a very tongue in cheek comment 

Just makes me laugh that I even try these things in my desperate attempts to find the perfect sound, even when I have gone for the non tweakable one box solution to get away from all that....IMHO....nonsense Smile

Could you honestly do the blind test with them off or on and tell the difference?

I was reading some interesting stuff about short term memory recently and saw an experiment where someone was shown a simple thing to remember like 3 letters. Then given a maths quiz to prevent them pushing it to long term memory. 1 minute later they couldn't remember the letters

So can "we" really remember something as complex as the signature of a sound from 1 minute to the other when comparing, or is it all in the mind?

If we can then great - if it sounds better in our heads, then it is better. I just wonder how much is pyscological with side by side tests that have a gap in between?

And yes - I am very daft for not realising the grill could launch out of my hands like that..... So just trying to warn fellow daftees Smile

Messages In This Thread
WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Jamington2004 - 19-Oct-2015, 20:30
WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by sleach - 19-Oct-2015, 21:49
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Phs - 19-Oct-2015, 22:33
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by fgueho - 19-Oct-2015, 22:50
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Phs - 20-Oct-2015, 10:54
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Jamington2004 - 20-Oct-2015, 12:21
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Phs - 20-Oct-2015, 13:02
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by EvPa - 20-Oct-2015, 00:19
RE: WARNING Re Tweeter Grill - by Jean-Marie - 20-Oct-2015, 20:05