Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Mini (El Capitan) -> USB -> Dev200 problem
Thanks

It is a 2014 mini, 3ghz i7, 16gb memory, 512gb ssd. I only bought it so that I could use USB because of the problems with AIR.
I should make clear that I had no problems with Yosemite with the same setup.
I have also tried inserting an uptone regen. No differences, either as a solution to the problem or to the sound quality. It is currently not in use.

I have tried different ports, nothing. I haven't tried another cable but don't really see the point, most of the time it works fine.

I have a habit of appending music to my current playlist, meaning that there can be a continuous stream of music for 2-4 hours. It is under these circumstances that it goes wrong. For the last few days I have tried to not play longer than about an hour without stopping. I haven't had any problems using it like this. Hence my suspicion that there is something amiss with the asynchronous USB. It seems to me that the longer you continuously play, the more chance the two ends have of getting out of sync.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac Mini (El Capitan) -> USB -> Dev200 problem - by canyelles - 23-Oct-2015, 10:16