Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streamer Options for Devialet 120
(10-Nov-2015, 01:25)hk6230 Wrote: Sonos Connect is a good option if you are not seeking higher than CD quality streaming, and its music services availability is great. Plus Sonos app is robust and available for Android devices.

As for Roon, you will need a computer (PC/Mac) and connect it to Le120 via USB or AIR. You can control Roon remotely via its Android tablet's app. Tidal is integrated well in Roon. But, that's about it. For the moment, there's no radio services or any other music services currently being offered on Roon other than Tidal. But Roon supports all music bitrates from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and DSD64.

I used both Sonos Connect and Roon. Sonos is a truly music appliance where you can just turn on and play. When I'm lazy, I just use Sonos to play music and I have lots of music options. I have tried Bluesound Node (1st gen) before and Tidal/Qobuz/Deezer/iHeartRadio/TuneIn are also available. The advantage of Bluesound is that it can support higher music bitrates up to 24/192 vs Sonos 16/44.1 limit. I do find Bluesound Node has better SQ than Sonos Connect. And, according to Whathifi.com's review, the Node 2 is even better. If you are not in China, then I would recommend Bluesound Node 2.

Thanks HK for the detailed feedback.

I am still having some understanding issues regarding roon:
I understand from your description that I need to run roon 24/7 on a PC and connect it to the USB port of the Le120 in order to be able to play music on demand whenever I want. In order to control Roon I do not need to access the PC which is connected to the Devialet but can rather use the remote control app on my tablet for controlling Roon on my PC. Is this correct?

Regarding the Node2: 
Do you expect any noticable SQ differences when connecting the Node to the Le120 via USB or Toslink? Based on my setup I cannot use the RCA connections.

Messages In This Thread
Streamer Options for Devialet 120 - by k1282 - 09-Nov-2015, 19:32
RE: Streamer Options for Devialet 120 - by rik - 09-Nov-2015, 21:01
RE: Streamer Options for Devialet 120 - by k1282 - 10-Nov-2015, 22:08