Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon now streams in bit-perfect quality to Logitech Squeezebox devices
In my experience, Roon- > SB Touch -> Devialet 200 works extremely well and sounds just as good as LMS -> SB Touch -> Devialet.   If EDO is installed on the Touch, then it will support higher bitrates just as it does under LMS.   It's a truly remarkable accomplishment by Roon Labs!

Now, with that said, I do feel that Roon -> Air -> Devialet sounds a bit better... that is, of course, when Air is working properly.  I will say that since upgrading to firmware 9.01, it does seem more stable.  I use RoonServer and Air on Win 10.  Don't think I've seen a BSOD since the upgrade.

But, with Devialet's apparent lack of committment to Air, I am also considering the SonicOrbiter SE as a replacement of the SB Touch or, more likely, waiting to hear more about the microRendu.  I'm not holding my breath on Devialet becoming RoonReady.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon now streams in bit-perfect quality to Logitech Squeezebox devices - by mdconnelly - 16-Jan-2016, 16:26