Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When this is released i think i will retire my audio pc
Got som info from Sonore about the microRendu.

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

Quote:Sonore microRendu
Update #1

Mailing List Participation
I want to thank you for signing up for the Sonore microRendu update mailing list. Participation in this mailing list allows us to gauge customer interest in the project and provide you with first hand information free of forum speculation. As a reward for your participation in this mailing list, you will be among the first to be able to buy a unit when they are ready for sale.
Background
The Signature Series Rendu is the finest audio gear we have made. I started the Rendu series because I wasn't satisfied having to constantly deal with the short falls of a general purpose motherboards. When you use a general purpose motherboard, you get components on the board you don't need or want, you have to add noise filters, and you have to add plug-in cards, etc. I know I'm preaching to choir because you have been dealing with these very issues in your personal builds. Like you, I wanted to get away from masking the problems and instead focus on addressing them at their core. The Signature Series Rendu is a world class SPDIF/i2s source and I'm very proud of it. The microRendu is an extension of this concept and will fill the void by bringing a world class USB output to the series.
About the microRendu
The Sonore microRendu project is in essence two projects in one. 
The first project is the Sonicorbiter operating system. Sonicorbiter is a collaboration between Sonore by Simple Design and Small Green Computer. The Sonicorbiter operating system is a preconfigured renderer / endpoint / player with selectable output modes. We have spent countless hours behind the scenes working with the various developers of its Linux applications to assure they work well and deliver the kind of performance you demand.  

The second project is the hardware platform (code named toaster). The toaster is a collaboration between Sonore by simple Design, Small Green Computer and John Swenson. As part of our research and development, we have tested various hardware solutions and quite frankly we were not impressed. In order to meet our goals and push our interests in a new direction we needed to start fresh. This hardware has taken John over a year to design and incorporates several key features. For example: There are regulated zones on the Sonore microRendu providing unprecedented clean power to all components. There are very low jitter oscillators - one for the CPU and one for the USB hub that generate a completely new USB data signal to feed your device. Make no mistake, this product is intended to give you goosebumps. 

So where are we in this process....design is complete and we are moving into production. This week, I will begin the process of ordering everything we need to make the units. No eta at the moment and pricing terms are yet to be determined, but expect another update soon with this information.

Thank You,

Jesus R
www.sonore.us
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: When this is released i think i will retire my audio pc - by octaviars - 29-Jan-2016, 06:16