Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression
Hello McChicken,

Since I got my silver phantoms last summer, I had them wondering around my flat and at several friends houses and it was interesting to hear how room dependent a good soundstage and bass feedback is to achieve.
This is surely not phantoms dependent, but they are so handy and easily placed, that it even makes fun to move them around and explore the sound conditions of the rooms.
Just as an example: When I had them at a friend with a long living room (approx 6m x 18m) I had a similar experience of missing bass. Songs that had physical resonance in my body now were no more impressive.
We had to go much deeper into the room with our listening position et voila, nearly equal bass impact and a huge and deep soundstage baffled us.
Most of the times the best results were when the phantoms were placed with a good distance to walls and furniture (> 1m).
With all that experience I wonder how one could find the best position with the Gecko wall mounts. I dearly would love to try the Geckos, but I can't drill tens of holes into the walls. So I am thinking of a way how to position them temporarely with the Gecko on the wall.

So go ahead, move your phantoms around, find a new listening position where the phantoms might even be placed across the room, as long as you have an equiliteral triangle.

Cheers,

Krisp

Messages In This Thread
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression - by Krisp - 20-Feb-2016, 10:33