Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression
Dr.Sah...ok then we are two..trying to simplify the set-up and even be able to move around the speakers for different listening activities.
I would say that all depends on what type of music you listen to and understand that not even Devialet can rule over the laws of physics.
What I miss the most the kick thump sound from a bass kick drum. I have only had my Phantoms for a two days so I'm far from an experienced user but I am a former Sound professional and DJ I hear what I hear...and listen to sounds is what you do in a studio.
Don't take me wrong after changing to using my Sonos as source the bass have come to life but I would say it's a GREAT speaker but the sound is not suitable for "DJ environment" as some of the harmonies from a beat is missing, THAT is what in my world what is called the "Body Slam" sensation not the deep sub-bass that I think some are confusing it with.
I will give you the same advice I got from someone here at the forum ( and that I'm utilizing right now) use the 45 free Trial and listen yourselves. Here in Europe the will ship with UPS to you, and you just return them if they are not what you expected, then you can compare them to the Gallo  Ref's 3.5 yourself
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression - by McChicken - 21-Feb-2016, 14:16