Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Questions
(02-Jan-2018, 18:11)aislebback Wrote: Hi All.

I've got a couple of gold phantoms and a dialog and I just have some questions.

1.  Do they use electricity when plugged in but not playing - ie would I be better to unplug them when not in use for prolonged periods of time?  I learnt the hard way not to press the button 3x on the back to do this.  Just reset them and had to lug them back upstairs to my router to repeat the registration process (aaargh!!)

2.  Does anyone cover them when not in use?  I was thinking about using the sock thing that they came packaged in to try and minimise them getting dusty/dirty - they're in a room with an open fire so more dusty than average.

3.  I want to take them outside in summer it won't be anywhere near my router and won't be on the same electrical grid.  I want to be able to play both of them together via bluetooth.  Not necessarily in stereo but just so I can spread the joy :-).  Is it possible to stream to them both at once via bluetooth without using the dialog?

4.  Did anyone well up the first time they heard the sound from these things?  We sat in stunned silence and just thought wow!

Thanks in advance
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Questions - by aislebback - 02-Jan-2018, 18:11
RE: Newbie Questions - by Jean-Claude - 03-Jan-2018, 08:49
RE: Newbie Questions - by angenet - 09-Jan-2018, 00:27
RE: Newbie Questions - by Jean-Claude - 03-Jan-2018, 09:04