Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
@K4680

Thanks for that. You confirmed what I've stated a couple of times, that I really don't know anything about networking :-)

Most of that didn't make much sense to me, my ignorance of networking technology/practice rather than your explanation. What did come through is your point 4 which is that things can get very individual and that not every system is going to handle things in the same way, something I had already surmised, and that trouble shooting takes time which is becoming obvivous given the time being taken for Devialet to come up with a fix.

I still think we may have 2 problems showing up in the reports here, a networking problem and a Devialet specific problem. That would explain why some people seem to get significantly worse issues than others. The Devialet problem is a constant in all cases while the networking problem is a variable.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 08-Jun-2019, 20:43