Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(14-May-2020, 19:40)alaw Wrote: Its a cabled remote control for on/off, I can’t imagine it can make any audible difference.

It does make a difference in sound though. I think it's not about temperatures etc. but the cable itself electrically couples the ground planes of the Master & Companion together, and this affects the ground loop noise between them.

In my system I take care to minimize all external cable connections to the Devialets and use galvanically isolated connections only: XLR AES digital input on Master and RCA-XLR interconnect to Companion. I do this to avoid extra ground loops between the amps.

With the trigger cable connected, it sounds a bit brighter and sharper. The sound changes even if I do not change the configuration to enable the trigger cable. With no trigger cable, it sounds a bit more punchy and smoother in the highs and 3-dimensional.

I prefer the sound without the trigger cable. But I think both sound good and people may prefer it either way.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01