Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the upgrade service still available?
I have had a Devialet Expert 120 for 5 years now and want to upgrade it.  It is very good I must admit, but have heard 220Pros with CI and much better

There is no link on the Devialet website any more to order an upgrade
Devialet refer me to a local agent who tells me straight away they do not handle this, it sent to yet another agent who will "probably" send the unit to Paris.

Timeline - well, he hesitates.  Its difficult, depends how busy they are, could be anything from a month to two or three

On complaining to Devialet, after a few days I receive a reply referring me to the same local agent.  Call their +44 number and give it stick.  She has no idea, does not know that the e-commerce part of the website is no longer working and will find out (sounded like a junior).  No response so call again.  This time a snooty lady answers with a plummy English accent.  "Oh, South Africa" she says.  "Don't you have someone there to look after it".  I said yes, but he is of no help.  With that she cut the call

It was suggested I contact one Sebastien Faure.  The email was returned "User unknown at this address"

There is a forum member here wishing to sell his 220Pro.  If I can get around the bank's red tape, then I will buy it.

Dealing with Devialet is a waste of energy.  Now and then I receive these generic responses "We wish to know if you are happy with our response".  Must be generated by a computer, as whatever you reply you get the same email a few days later
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ML Electromotion, REL sub.  2 x Dachshunds

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the upgrade service still available? - by chrisc - 06-Feb-2021, 14:10