Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
I'm working with Devialet to resolve this problem. I've installed a special version of the firmware that apparently does a deep dive into the inner workings of my networked connections and the speaker operations. What I'm wondering is if there is a common thread here with the Toslink connection?

I've also noticed that when I submit a report from the Help section of the app (as I've been instructed to do) the speakers will reset on their own. Sometimes they do a hard reboot; other times, they just come back alive.

In a prior update of the app and firmware, the Toslink switch was identified by Devialet as an issue; thus the Optical Autoswitch was introduced to the app so that users could manually turn the auto switch off (recommended for those with Toslink conflicts). Apparently the autoswitch wreaks havoc with Toslink connected devices. I was told in the past, that some Toslink devices will send random signals to the speakers and cause them to switch to that input (when in auto mode). Now, I'm wondering if the people that are suffering from instabilities all have a common thread: Toslink connected devices. And, perhaps the app is faulty even when auto mode is turned off.

In my particular case for example, I have a completely ethernet connected system on all devices feeding signals to the Devialet Phantom Gold stereo pair. Both speakers are connected to ethernet, plugged into the same power strip, and both are connected to the same network switch. The only exception is the Toslink from the TV to the left speaker. In Apple TV (connected via ethernet), I have the option to run the audio via the Toslink (default in AppleTV and I can't change that) or I can switch to the Phantom Gold as an alternative audio device via AirPlay2. When doing so, this will cause conflicts with the apps on AppleTV to the point where I get error messages saying my HDMI cable isn't supported or the audio isn't supported. Perhaps its a conflict between Toslink and AirPlay 2, but nevertheless something is wrong and was not an issue prior to the latest app and firmware release.

Bottom line is, my guess is its Toslink related unless some of you are having issues on systems where Toslink is not used.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade - by bravocharlie - 06-Feb-2021, 14:48