Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 vs 200
Hi osokolo,,
There is a recent thread that has almost the same title as yours, but the content is a bit different. Many of your questions are answered, or similar questions discussed, in other threads, so I think you would find quite a bit of information here.

I have a 120 and I do not lack for power, but I know nothing about the WB speakers or the other factors that might affect your listening. Some feel there is a difference in sound between the 120 and 200. There is more power in the 200 but I don't think there is any other difference between the models that would affect sound quality. Two dealers I've been to say the 200 is chosen in part for the power, but primarily for the extra inputs and the ability to go dual mono as a 400.

Physically all the expert units have the same space for cables and connections, and so taking your cables to a dealer may be the best option. If you want a sub, I think you need the pre out option board, which is not standard on the 120. (I don't know about the other models).

But apart from searching the site for experiences and opinions, you may feel that coming from a Boulder that you will not want the entry level Dev. Many ex-Naim owners here, as well as some other expensive, esoteric brands. Overall I don't recall any wave of sentiment that suggests the 120 is inadequate.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
120 vs 200 - by osokolo - 17-May-2015, 18:30
RE: 120 vs 200 - by Damon - 17-May-2015, 18:52