Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR works perfect with the NIGHTHAWK X6.
Hello.

I am not a big poster on forums but I have used this one for information so thought only fair that I shared this information.

I am an engineer and I was attempting to use a BT HomeHub 5 for streaming QUBUZ wirelessly to a D-Premier from a Macbook.

Although I succeeded it was a total ball ache, and imho sounded not as good as what I think the Devialet is capable of.

My cd reference is a Cyrus cd xt se with pxr power supply and digital chord indigo interconnect.

So I bought a NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X6 Tri-band router and separate modem.

Set it up on hifi rack & loaded it up. 

It has three wireless bands. 2 x 5GHz and 1 x 2.4Ghz and 6 big antennas.

Checked over the 2.4Ghz interface & picked channel 6 instead of allowing router to automatically select and pressed apply. 

Changed config SD card for new SSID in D-premier. 

And it works. Absolutely perfect. I mean absolutely perfect.

The difference in sound quality from the Homehub 5 is quite startling!

It may be expensive for a router but its the cheapest piece of hifi equipment I have ever bought! 

And just for reference I have tried the sonos connect, SB Touch & Mtech Hiface with expensive cables with less than satisfactory results. 

So before buying that outrageously expensive streamer have a look at this router and get Qubuz account.

I've been doing hifi for 25 years and the AIR wireless route is the best I have experienced. 

The technology at home has not been up to the technology in the devialet but I think its now caught up.

Enjoy the music

Peace

Waterside Music

Messages In This Thread
AIR works perfect with the NIGHTHAWK X6. - by Waterside - 04-Aug-2015, 22:28