Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase and low frequency checks
(26-Sep-2015, 17:00)f1eng Wrote: The phase control inverts the phase of both channels. The phase check CD is there to make sure you have connected up your speakers correctly, so it only inverts the phase of one of the channels.
Some people believe that absolute phase makes a difference, so may well use the phase control on those discs they think were recorded with phase reversed. I do not Smile

My main speakers do not have a SAM profile so I am guessing here but maybe the loudness level you are trying to achieve with SAM on is causing one of the protection strategies to come into play???

Sorry, i was wrong. The problem goes away under -26 Hz, but I usually listen louder than this so SAM protection is cutting in too early for me.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
Phase and low frequency checks - by Axel - 26-Sep-2015, 16:51
RE: Phase and low frequency checks - by f1eng - 26-Sep-2015, 17:00
RE: Phase and low frequency checks - by Axel - 27-Sep-2015, 12:22
RE: Phase and low frequency checks - by Axel - 26-Sep-2015, 17:19
RE: Phase and low frequency checks - by Axel - 26-Sep-2015, 18:45
RE: Phase and low frequency checks - by Axel - 27-Sep-2015, 16:26