Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU)
I know that this is possible to go rca to xlr on the Devialet AES input but does anyone know what this might bring over just the regular digital rca input more than the part of the sensitivity on the input?

This text is from Devialets homepage.

Quote:If your player and your Devialet are equipped with an AES/EBU output, we highly recommend using it to interconnect your devices. The RCA inputs are similarly qualitative but can be more sensitive to the output level of the source. Therefore, we advise you, whenever possible, to use an RCA-to-XLR hybrid cable or an RCA/XLR adapter to connect the player's digital out to the AES/EBU input. In both cases, please use a genuine 110Ω or 75Ω digital cable to link both devices.
I am maybe going to connect a mediaplayer with BNC output and was thinking of using a BNC-BNC cable with a Neutrik BNC to XLR adapter in the Devialet, a BNC to BNC cable is easier to get and is easyer to sell again I think than a BNC to xlr cable.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU) - by octaviars - 01-Oct-2015, 15:30