Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU)
(02-Oct-2015, 10:38)nfnc Wrote: Would appreciate thoughts on which of the following options would be better:

SPDIF output => SPDIF to AES/XLR adaptor => 110 Ohm cable => AES input

OR

SPDIF output => 75 Ohm cable => SPDIF to AES/XLR adaptor => AES input?

Thanks.

When I got my link (master->slave) cable from Cabledyne I talked to them about this and they said that if the output is 75ohm it is best to go with that cable and convert it at the input of the Devialet so this must apply to the xlr input from a source aswell.

I have tried both in my set up between my Devialets and I could not hear any differense between 75ohm or 110ohm cable so I went on what Cabledyne told me and ordered a custom rca->75ohm coax->xlr cable and I am very happy with it.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU) - by octaviars - 02-Oct-2015, 13:26