Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU)
(01-Oct-2015, 15:30)octaviars Wrote: I know that this is possible to go rca to xlr on the Devialet AES input but does anyone know what this might bring over just the regular digital rca input more than the part of the sensitivity on the input?

This text is from Devialets homepage.

Quote:If your player and your Devialet are equipped with an AES/EBU output, we highly recommend using it to interconnect your devices. The RCA inputs are similarly qualitative but can be more sensitive to the output level of the source. Therefore, we advise you, whenever possible, to use an RCA-to-XLR hybrid cable or an RCA/XLR adapter to connect the player's digital out to the AES/EBU input. In both cases, please use a genuine 110Ω or 75Ω digital cable to link both devices.
I am maybe going to connect a mediaplayer with BNC output and was thinking of using a BNC-BNC cable with a Neutrik BNC to XLR adapter in the Devialet, a BNC to BNC cable is easier to get and is easyer to sell again I think than a BNC to xlr cable.

I have for sale a CARDAS CLEAR XLR INPUT ADAPTER (PR)
Female RCA to Male XLR

It is brand new, unused, and is the best Cardas adaptor for RCA female to XLR male.

They come as a pair, and I used the other one for the master-slave link to connect a coaxial cable from the master
to the AES/EBU input of the slave.

The price will be half of what I paid for the pair + shipping.

Let me know if interested.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU) - by miro - 03-Oct-2015, 07:53