Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streamer Options for Devialet 120
Hi,

I am considering buying a Devialet 120, but my buying decision will be mainly based on a the streaming capabilities of the Devialet 120.

I am a heavy Android (Tablet/Phone) and Chromebook user. I do not own apple products and never will. Also, I only use windows notebooks for work purposes only. Given this situation the advertised AIR functionality for streaming to Devialet is not an option for me.

However, a key use case for my Devialet will be to stream lossless music from Tidal and to a lesser extend to stream my FLAC and MP3 files on my NAS via an App on my Android Phone/Tablet. 

In order to realize this I am currently looking for high quality options that stream music to my devialet and let the Devialet DAC do the conversion job. I am not interested in buying a high quality >1.000€ Streamer from Linn or NAIM etc. as I do not need/want their DAC capabilities.

Currently, I only know about the following options:
1. BlueSound Node 2 (soso app interface which is rumored to get a design overhaul)
2. Auralic Aries Mini (unfortunately, the Android App is not working yet)
3. Audioengine B1 (not a preferably)

Also:
How should I connect these Streamers to the Devialet? Via Toslink or analog cinch?

Regards
Kian

Messages In This Thread
Streamer Options for Devialet 120 - by k1282 - 09-Nov-2015, 19:32
RE: Streamer Options for Devialet 120 - by rik - 09-Nov-2015, 21:01