Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR on sub $200 laptop is working. . .great?!
Good to read all the positive experiences with AIR and Windows.
I am also a very satisfied user of Roon on a Asus Windows 8.1. laptop in combination with AIR on my Devialet 200.
Till this moment I have not experpienced any single problem with the above mentioned set up, even with high res. files.

I have some serious plans to buy a Asus Vivo mini pc (i5 processor, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM and a powersupply upgrade with a Teddy Pardo 19 volt 3,5 amp.) to use it as a dedicated Roon server, but have some doubts about which Windows version I have to choose on the Asus Vivo mini pc..... I know for sure that 8.1 works reliable, but are the AIR app and Roon working stable and reliable on 10 ?

Like to hear your opinions.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR on sub $200 laptop is working. . .great?! - by JeanF - 22-Nov-2015, 20:32