Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Resolution....anyway to improve...?
(18-Nov-2015, 19:46)MountainGuy Wrote: So microdynamics of drum strikes, guitars plucks, bowed instruments etc are just not as transparent or real. 

The most recent firmware upgrade a few weeks ago seemed to improve this substantively but the gap is still considerable. 

Questions: 
1. Am I the only one that feel this? 
2. Anyone figure out a way to improve the resolution? 

Thanks!

I think the resolution is not as good as my TAG McLaren speakers but that the response is more realistic.  Using bowed instruments as an example, the sharpness and microdynamics that can be heard on my TAG McLaren are not reflective of the real-world sound in a concert hall.  In the concert hall, there is a roll-off of these high frequencies.

I felt as if the firmware upgrade made a difference also but it ended up being "breaking-in" because Devialet confirmed that there was no modification to the sound profiles.

Based upon the log-sweep, I think the Phantom's tweeter is much more sensitive to placement that other speakers so you really need to have it at ear level for maximum resolution.   So I would reallly focus on positioning for now.

If you're running optical input instead of streaming, you can eq up the 16kHz range.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Resolution....anyway to improve...? - by AlanD - 18-Nov-2015, 21:01