Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another review of the 120
(17-Dec-2015, 14:47)Bob Ryan Wrote: Audiophile Audition has a review of Devialet 120. I've followed AA for years, reading music and movie reviews they post. In fact I have won two of their giveaways over some years, which by know means makes me a schill for their website, only a follower who finds the website useful. Note in review of 120, AA reviewer and editor express opinion that Devialet digital wasn't quite as good sounding as their Lyngdorf CD player. I sometimes miss the sound from my old Esoteric CD/SACD player, and being completely candid, my Esoteric player bested all the digital streamer/network players I've heard thus far, and I've heard (and owned) a few good ones to include Lumin A1. That said I like controlling files by UPNP app and freeing up space that my large physical media library took up.

From time to time, I find myself schizophrenic about my Devialet 200.  I thoroughly love the simplicity, resolution and appearance but sometimes miss that bit of warmth that I got from past audio equipment.  All told, however, I am never going back!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
Another review of the 120 - by Bob Ryan - 17-Dec-2015, 14:47
RE: Another review of the 120 - by Flashman - 17-Dec-2015, 19:01
RE: Another review of the 120 - by Pim - 17-Dec-2015, 19:43
RE: Another review of the 120 - by samurai7595 - 18-Dec-2015, 13:30