Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier's - Software Version
(06-Feb-2016, 14:37)deviousalet Wrote: Rodney, aren't the G1 now SAM ready, or do you mean that you didn't enjoy what SAM did to the G1?
http://en.devialet.com/sam-ready-speaker...io-giya-g1

I'm just curious. I'm guessing that with 4 subwoofers in addition to the G1s you care about bass so getting the G1s down from 28Hz to 14Hz as Devialet advertises would be important to you. The SB13 are rated to 20Hz so if the G1 went lower with SAM you could sell two of your four SB13 to pay for the upgrade to SAM. I preferred bass from two floorstanders rather than two subs in my room; but neither my room, my subs (SVS SB2000), nor my speakers are anywhere near as good as yours. Again, I'm just curious and wanting to learn from your experience not suggesting anything.

No problem..
I havent tried SAM on my G1's
G1's go down to about 16hz at -6 db in my room .. at thunderous levels , all by their lonesome.. without SAM...huge excursion 11" drivers ...2" or more
I also use DIRAC..true time and freq room correction .. effective way of fixing the bass..
I have heard a few sammed speakers , vivids and others
What bothered me on some , at the levels I listen at,  SAM was audible .. limiting clucking sounds.. sam was wound back to 15% with it then it was much less audiblee than at higher %'s .. SAM does have a good effect ,, even at 0 ..

The 4 subs are not really used to augment the bass.. what they do , with placement , inversion , level etc is smooth the whole room's bass .. a swarm of subs...they destructively drive nodes .. amazing the difference they make...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room

Messages In This Thread
D-Premier's - Software Version - by Celts88 - 03-Feb-2016, 19:05
RE: D-Premier's - Software Version - by ogs - 03-Feb-2016, 21:49
RE: D-Premier's - Software Version - by Rodney Gold - 06-Feb-2016, 18:00