Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main optical input on 250Pro supports 192kHz
(07-Mar-2017, 16:50)Dr Tone Wrote: This conversation of how USB has improved on an amp that sounds different than the original intrigues/confuses me.  The only way this could even be measured is: less of a difference between USB and Air or less of a difference between USB and AES.

Maybe the improvements in the heart of the amp itself has reduced it's susceptibility to less than stellar particular input.  Evening out the input playing field so to say.

I can only speak for myself, but I came to the conclusion that the USB implementation was better after trying a quick head to head check of the microRendu direct via USB versus microRendu to Mutec to AES/EBU.  I had performed this test on the 'old Expert, and latterly on the Pro.  OK, hardly definitive proof, but based on this I do think that there is less of a performance deficit running direct to USB on the Pro than I had experienced on the Expert.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Main optical input on 250Pro supports 192kHz - by Confused - 07-Mar-2017, 17:49