Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarneri Tradition and Devialet
(29-Apr-2017, 21:40)iamwappie Wrote: I have the Olympica II and quiet a large room and the bass is more than enough so I can image the III could be bass heavy. Have you tried to switch them as the bass port is radiating only to one side and not the back? This makes a huge difference.

I have quiet a hard room with wooden floor. Two weeks ago I started experimenting with acoustic treatment and am really amazed by the effect and that we do sometimes not justify our expensive systems. My simple try-out was to put my large (full height of the Olympica II) couch pillows on the wall right near the Olympicas. Result was a very controlled bass and much more detail as apparently reflections were causing obfuscations of details. My next step is buying acoustic treatment which is living room friendly but I can never go back without it now I have heard what the difference it makes. You can give it a try.... the speaker may not be the problem but the acoustic laws are. Either change speaker position or do some treatment I'd suggest

Maybe you´re right, but it´s very strange, because my room is acoustically treated with huge tube traps in the corners, absorbers in the ceilling, etc, etc, and after that investment the sq improves a lot and never before i had this result even with largers and difficult speakers, like Extrema, Martin Logan, Wilson and so on. I though that was definitly done interms of room accoustics.

The local dealer dives me the chance to try the O. II and the news Guarneri Tradition, those maybe more like my kind of sound, we´ll see.
I´m affraid i´ll have the same problem with the O.II but more subtle.
Thanks for share your search with me, Iamwappie.

Messages In This Thread
Guarneri Tradition and Devialet - by BoyScout - 27-Apr-2017, 16:59
Guaneri Tradition VS Devialet - by samsoum - 27-Apr-2017, 18:06
RE: Guaneri Tradition VS Devialet - by libero - 29-Apr-2017, 20:00
RE: Guaneri Tradition VS Devialet - by Damon - 27-Apr-2017, 22:46
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by BoyScout - 01-May-2017, 15:37
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by libero - 03-May-2017, 10:54
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by libero - 03-May-2017, 11:56
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by samsca - 30-Apr-2017, 03:51
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by ssfas - 30-Apr-2017, 13:03
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by libero - 09-May-2017, 14:30
RE: Guarneri Tradition VS Devialet - by libero - 10-May-2017, 09:56