Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200
(19-Jun-2017, 15:49)petrik Wrote: I don't have any experiences on Bluesound Node 2 or Naim CD5 player but I would like to ask that do you have a computer where you could try running Devialet AIR? You could then use your computer as a streamer instead of the Bluesound. It would be interesting to hear whether you like how it sounds.

Last year I've managed to get AIR working. Just for a test, because I had wifi problems with the Bluesound. I don't remember what the sound quality was. So I'll set it up again and let you know.
Quote:kerkhoffd
What Petrik states is a solid advice and a good way to compare the BlueSound with what the DAC in the Devialet is capable of.

Next to that: source does matter and so does the cable you use. I use AudioQuest Diamond Digital cable and heard a stepup in SQ every time I switched cable in their Line up. I dare not listen to the next step up, as all money invested in these cables seem to matter.

You may be right. But I never was much interested into cables. My ears are not that good. The price of the Diamond (€899) gets out of balance with the price of the Bluesound (€ 549). Then I would also like to check what music a higher level streamer like the Aurilac Aries LE (€1099) is making.
living room: Rega Planar3 with Ortofon 2M Bronze - Naim CD5 (Naim DIN cable) - Sony UBP-X800 (Audioquest Forest) - Nakamichi BX300-E
Devialet D200 - Devialet AIR with Roon
Audiovector SR3 Avantgarde Arreté (Supra Ply 3.4S) - Dynaudio Contour 1.1 mk2
study: JRiver - Windows PC - Roon - Audeze Deckard - Focal Elear

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200 - by Lowland - 19-Jun-2017, 17:55