Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200
Even though the Naim CD5 and the Bluesound are providing CD quality signals in technical/ numerical terms, the sound quality can still be affected by the equipment. The Bluesound is fine for what it is and what it does, but it is very likely not going to sound as good as the Naim CD5.

As a comparison, I recently changed my main source from a stock Sonos Connect to a Wyred4Sound modified Sonos Connect. The source music files are the same CD rips, or Deezer Elite FLAC tracks. The difference in sound quality between the stock Connect and the modified Connect is remarkable; the modified Connect is much better in terms of dynamics,clarity, ease, lack of 'grain'- everything that matters. So, the same sources with the same bits of math will sound different through different pieces of electronics. The AQ forest cable may also be a factor, though possibly not with the Bluesound.

Finally, I don't think that you can bypass the internal DAC in the Devialet, so any comparison is very difficult, or impossible. I don't think a CD 5 has a DAC in any event. Others know more about that than I do and there are other threads about DACs.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality Bluesound Node 2, connected with Devialet D200 - by Damon - 19-Jun-2017, 17:59